hello ppl i need info

vegas shooby

so i'm:D thinking on getting a chameleon sumtime in sept...and i know little bit about chameleon but i know when it come to these reptiles doesn't cut it so if u guy's could help me out on sum info that would be:)

Way Cham are u planning to get? Cuz if this is your first then a male veiled chan would be best. They are also not as expensive as the colorful chams called panther chameleons . Brokers as babies (2 months old) are 30-40 bucks average . I will post info on them later cuz I'm on my iPod touch . Or maybe someone can post before me .. Do alot of research!!!! It takes weeks to get everything prepared and knowing info about chams and especially different chams that need different needs ... Goodluck:)

Way Cham are u planning to get? Cuz if this is your first then a male veiled chan would be best. They are also not as expensive as the colorful chams called panther chameleons . Brokers as babies (2 months old) are 30-40 bucks average . I will post info on them later cuz I'm on my iPod touch . Or maybe someone can post before me .. Do alot of research!!!! It takes weeks to get everything prepared and knowing info about chams and especially different chams that need different needs ... Goodluck:)

yeah i been looking at panther chameleon but i don't know anything about them..and no this won't be my frist...frist chameleon died on me like in a month becouse i didn't know anything about chameleon...i thought u could buy this nice looking reptile that what i thinking aboiut when i bought my frist chameleon ok..but i guess i was wrong soo i don't want to make the same mistake like i did before...and i just found this sit out:)

Don't base it all on price. Less expensive might well equate to "dying soon"...go captive bred whenever possible and don't shy away from paying "good" money.

Don't base it all on price. Less expensive might well equate to "dying soon"...go captive bred whenever possible and don't shy away from paying "good" money.

Check the classifieds section on this forum and check the sponsors here... They are pretty good .. Let us know which panther you would like to get:D

Check the classifieds section on this forum and check the sponsors here... They are pretty good .. Let us know which panther you would like to get:D

all right i'm going to go through the sponsors i don't think i'm going to chose a panther today becouse i still have to do my research on this reptile's but i will let the forum know for sure...:D

Just a few words of advice from a new cham owner: don't take getting one of these animals lightly because they require constant maintenance, not to mention the initial cost of getting everything you need to take care of them.

I've had mine for less than a week and I'm already in to it for about $300.00 (cage, plants, artificial vines, temperature/humidity gauges, cricket housing, cricket food, calcium supplements (two kinds), multivitamins, and lights (2 kinds), etc.

My cham is the first thing I take care of when I get up in the morning and it's the first thing I take care of when I get home from work. Then there's the preparation of meals the night before (gut-loading the crickets), the misting, and keeping the cage floor dry.

I have three dogs and I would consider caring for a cham right along the lines of caring for a new puppy, but with more preparation work.

I chose a cham for a pet because I like the intricacies and the attention to detail that go along with, and are required, for its care. It's a daily routine that requires a lot of discipline to do it correctly.

Just make sure this isn’t some passing fancy that you'll get bored with in two months... and make sure your life is stable enough for its long term care. I've read a lot of stories where a new owner spends all that cash and then has to get rid of the cham six months later because they don't have the time or space to care for the animal- not to mention the countless chams that probably die as a result of negligence.

Again, just some food for thought. Chams are nothing like geckos- they're a full time hobby. In any case, good luck with your endeavors... and this site has a wealth of information from people who have probably forgotten more about chams than you and I combined will ever know.

Just a few words of advice from a new cham owner: don't take getting one of these animals lightly because they require constant maintenance, not to mention the initial cost of getting everything you need to take care of them.

I've had mine for less than a week and I'm already in to it for about $300.00 (cage, plants, artificial vines, temperature/humidity gauges, cricket housing, cricket food, calcium supplements (two kinds), multivitamins, and lights (2 kinds), etc.

My cham is the first thing I take care of when I get up in the morning and it's the first thing I take care of when I get home from work. Then there's the preparation of meals the night before (gut-loading the crickets), the misting, and keeping the cage floor dry.

I have three dogs and I would consider caring for a cham right along the lines of caring for a new puppy, but with more preparation work.

I chose a cham for a pet because I like the intricacies and the attention to detail that go along with, and are required, for its care. It's a daily routine that requires a lot of discipline to do it correctly.

Just make sure this isn’t some passing fancy that you'll get bored with in two months... and make sure your life is stable enough for its long term care. I've read a lot of stories where a new owner spends all that cash and then has to get rid of the cham six months later because they don't have the time or space to care for the animal- not to mention the countless chams that probably die as a result of negligence.

Again, just some food for thought. Chams are nothing like geckos- they're a full time hobby. In any case, good luck with your endeavors... and this site has a wealth of information from people who have probably forgotten more about chams than you and I combined will ever know.

Yeah I do have the time for this type of reptile..and yes I still have the old stuff when I used to own a chameleon when was like 15...it's a screen cage like I have a basking light it's a zoo med 60watt blue bulb and I still of all my fake plants from my old chameleon all I need to get is that repisun 5.0 and sum supp and I think I'm good

Ok here we go this what I got soo far
this is the cage.w-24-h-26
this is the basking light.zoo med 60watt blue bulb.
Trying to get the reptisun 5.0 still
I got the fake plants but want to get real one too
still trying to get supp

so is This ok so far ppl or do I need more stuff feel free to post your comments thxs

That cage will be okay for a small sizes chameleon but when hes a full grown adult
you will need a 46in cage ATLEAST but feel free to go bigger.
What kind of cage is it?Screen or class? Or combo?

You dont really need a blue bulb, a regular house bulb would be fine, im not sure if blue bulbs mess with the chams eyes but I know the red bulb does and they should NOT be used for a night time light.

Make sure you get a dripper and also a misting bottle and try really hard to get some real plants cuz they like that.

If you cant get a reptisun 5.0 LINEAR TUBE you can use a REPTIGLO LINEAR TUBE LIGHT, but you MUST change it every 6 months.

Just make sure you get everything for you chameleon before you actually get it.

That cage will be okay for a small sizes chameleon but when hes a full grown adult
you will need a 46in cage ATLEAST but feel free to go bigger.
What kind of cage is it?Screen or class? Or combo?

You dont really need a blue bulb, a regular house bulb would be fine, im not sure if blue bulbs mess with the chams eyes but I know the red bulb does and they should NOT be used for a night time light.

Make sure you get a dripper and also a misting bottle and try really hard to get some real plants cuz they like that.

If you cant get a reptisun 5.0 LINEAR TUBE you can use a REPTIGLO LINEAR TUBE LIGHT, but you MUST change it every 6 months.

Just make sure you get everything for you chameleon before you actually get it.

Yeah it's a zilla screen cage yeah I'm just going to make a dripper and a spray bottle from the 99cent store..I got the mony for the reptisun I tryed to tiktik reptiles today but the didn't pick up becouse there cheap over there...so if anybody could tell me if that zoo med blue bulb Is ok Thxs

just to be safe and have no worries get a regular hardware light bulb about 60 watts....

and get a humdidty gauge and digital thermometer to check how hot or cold ...have the heat light 80-85 ...and the rest of the cage temp about 70-75...

Back
Top Bottom