hello ppl i need info

just to be safe and have no worries get a regular hardware light bulb about 60 watts....

and get a humdidty gauge and digital thermometer to check how hot or cold ...have the heat light 80-85 ...and the rest of the cage temp about 70-75...

I have a digital thermometer but I don't have the humdidty thing yet look like I'm going to have buy one if those other that I'm good then ppl...yeah I'm go with u and be safe becouse i really don't know anything about that zoo med blue bulb

i recommend getting a veiled.i started with a veiled and now i have a panther that i got from tiki tiki reptiles i highly recommend them i just got a panther from them at the LA reptile super show. the owners are very nice people and answer any questions.

i think a veiled

i recommend you getting a veiled.(do a lot of research). i started with a veiled and now i have a panther that i got from tiki tiki reptile at the LA reptile super show. i highly recommend them they are very nice,the will answer any question. and their chameleons are awesome!!! veileds are amazing.

i recommend getting a veiled.i started with a veiled and now i have a panther that i got from tiki tiki reptiles i highly recommend them i just got a panther from them at the LA reptile super show. the owners are very nice people and answer any questions.

Tell u the truth I really not into veileds...I think I'm just going to wait for the Vegas expo soo I could buy one there...like I understand that veileds r start chameleon but I'm just not that into them don't know y...like right now I'm reading this links that this good person posted on this thread right now..what kind of panther u got if u don't mind me asking...

i got 3 month blue bar ambilobe. he is already showing some really cool colors. u can check him out if you go to my gallery

i like the looks of the blue bulb better. the plain light bulb is a harsher light when in the cone. Id go 40 watts in las vegas. im in wisconsin and 60 watts was too high i just bought a 40 today and his temps are never going over 90 at basking spot anymore. i do keep my cham in my computer room but in the winter that spot wil be best plus i can keep the cats and dog outta there.

i like the looks of the blue bulb better. the plain light bulb is a harsher light when in the cone. Id go 40 watts in las vegas. im in wisconsin and 60 watts was too high i just bought a 40 today and his temps are never going over 90 at basking spot anymore. i do keep my cham in my computer room but in the winter that spot wil be best plus i can keep the cats and dog outta there.

Like really it's only hot in summer time...but when it comes too winter it gets hella cold over here like it's cooling down over tell u the truth..so I take as that zoo med blue bulb Is not ok then..but when I bought it long time ago and bought at this one store called pet kingdom USA and he said that light was ok I don't know I'm confused now

I believe Panthers are considered good starter chameleons. They don't have the reputation for being quite as hardy as Veiled, but they do well and don't have difficult needs. Buy a male! To me, the two things I consider most important for a first chameleon are: captive bred, male. Those two things will minimize or eliminate a lot of potential problems.(note: this is based on me not doing that!)

I'm not aware of there being a problem with using the blue bulb (I'm sure if there is one, I'll learn about it very soon). I think it's just a case of the industry trying to make money by marketing a bulb that looks "special" so they charge more. You can just use a regular bulb. As you've had the blue bulb for some time, it might not be possible to return it. I doubt there's an issue with using it, but when it comes time to replace it, just go with a regular incandescent.

Like really it's only hot in summer time...but when it comes too winter it gets hella cold over here like it's cooling down over tell u the truth..so I take as that zoo med blue bulb Is not ok then..but when I bought it long time ago and bought at this one store called pet kingdom USA and he said that light was ok I don't know I'm confused now

I still dont know if the blue bulb is okay but I just want to give you some future advice:

Just because a pet store attendant says its okay doesnt mean its okay, its best to do your own research and know exactly what you need before you go in to a pet store.
Also alot of products may have a picture of chameleon on it....it doesnt always mean its for a chameleon. For example alot of "red bulb" packages have a picture of a chameleon on it and say they cant see it because its red, thats not true.

Just be careful and do your research.

I believe Panthers are considered good starter chameleons. They don't have the reputation for being quite as hardy as Veiled, but they do well and don't have difficult needs. Buy a male! To me, the two things I consider most important for a first chameleon are: captive bred, male. Those two things will minimize or eliminate a lot of potential problems.(note: this is based on me not doing that!)

I'm not aware of there being a problem with using the blue bulb (I'm sure if there is one, I'll learn about it very soon). I think it's just a case of the industry trying to make money by marketing a bulb that looks "special" so they charge more. You can just use a regular bulb. As you've had the blue bulb for some time, it might not be possible to return it. I doubt there's an issue with using it, but when it comes time to replace it, just go with a regular incandescent.

Yeah I'm just going to throw that light bulb away..and just get a regular light bulb but with low watts

Ok I just to screameleon and they offer the same light bulb that I'm taking about in cage combo pack soo kinda take it's ok becouse screameleon r sum pros

Back
Top Bottom