Help me solve my dripper problem, please.

Clementine

Hey guys,

Here’s the issue - Darwin will do everything in her power to screen crawl. She’s a juvenile Jackson’s, and she’s in a hybrid Dragon Strand cage. She’s learned to climb her dripper tubing to get to the top screen. We’ve moved it further and further up, but she’s growing and recently got herself up there and had a minor burn from her lights before I caught her.

What are my options? I’ve tried just fogging and using the MistKing at night, no dripper during the day. Her urates got too dry. More fog and mist at night pushed her daytime humidity >60%. Any other dripper ideas?

This is an older pic, with the dripper tube in the top left. We’ve cut it up to almost the screen since.

IMG_8327.jpeg

IMG_8582.jpeg

Just a little bit but the lights dry it up. Mine is a slow drip I use a little dripper.
Awesome okay! I’ll try this. Her lights and her dripper are a few inches off her cage on the wire shelf above, so I wouldn’t have to worry about getting the lights wet or anything if a little water builds on the screen.

FYI- Darwin is gonna screen climb until her weight prevents her from doing so. It's a Cham thing! In human language, its called the terrible 2's. The most important thing is making sure the heat lamp is raised and using a low wattage incandence appliance bulb. Her basking temp might not be optimal until she weighs enough to prevent screen climbing. My baby Panther loved the top of the screen. Then all of a sudden, eating ten feeders a day, and his growth spurt happened. He could no longer hold himself up on the screen top. Screen climbing over.🤣

FYI- Darwin is gonna screen climb until her weight prevents her from doing so. It's a Cham thing! In human language, its called the terrible 2's. The most important thing is making sure the heat lamp is raised and using a low wattage incandence appliance bulb. Her basking temp might not be optimal until she weighs enough to prevent screen climbing. My baby Panther loved the top of the screen. Then all of a sudden, eating ten feeders a day, and his growth spurt happened. He could no longer hold himself up on the screen top. Screen climbing over.🤣
I think we’re getting there! She’s gone from eating 3-4 roach nymphs/silkworms each feeding to 10 in the last two weeks. I look at her daily and ask her when she’s going to shed again, because she’s getting too big for her skin suit 😂

Gojira, my male veiled is close to 24 inches long. If I had a tube in there he would climb it to get higher. He stands on his back legs and can touch the top screen.

Back
Top Bottom