Help on my pregnant cham

Whitegold95

Once again asking for your help, i belive and i been told by some of you guys my 7 month female veiled cham is gravid i feed her about 7-10 crickets around every 2 days she has her laying bin shes been had it in her cage for about a week and a half.. she does not go in the bin (that I've seen her *i work* but neither has my girlfriend and shes there most of the time.. the bin is about 3-4 inches tall its filled with the coconut bedding, it is not filled all the way.. maybe 1/3 of the way shes been kinda moody and distant I bearly handle her any more any info that i missed and you guys need to have a more accurate response let me know il do my best to provide thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2770.JPG
    IMG_2770.JPG
    314.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2768.JPG
    IMG_2768.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2762.JPG
    IMG_2762.JPG
    282.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2769.JPG
    IMG_2769.JPG
    389.6 KB · Views: 98
One you should use , no chemicals included, potting soil or a potting soil sand mixture that is wet enough a small tunnel can be dug and it will not collapse.

Two she will not lay in that bin you need a big flower pot or something that is at a minimum 8-9 inches deep. Replace it ASAP or she could become egg bound.

One you should use , no chemicals included, potting soil or a potting soil sand mixture that is wet enough a small tunnel can be dug and it will not collapse.

Two she will not lay in that bin you need a big flower pot or something that is at a minimum 8-9 inches deep. Replace it ASAP or she could become egg bound.
So she is gravid to you? I used to have something deeper but she never tryed to go down there she would always go around it on the floor but would never actually go in the bucket

That bin is no good. You need a bucket, preferably 12 in deep filled with a mix of half and half of sand and organic dirt. It should moist enough for a tunnel to be dug without collapsing but not sopping wet. You can start a tunnel for her and put a stick in the bucket for her to climb in and out of. Put the bucket in her enclosure and leave it there all the time. She'll go in when she's ready and give her lots of privacy otherwise she won't use it. Check out the blog on here on laying

That bin is no good. You need a bucket, preferably 12 in deep filled with a mix of half and half of sand and organic dirt. It should moist enough for a tunnel to be dug without collapsing but not sopping wet. You can start a tunnel for her and put a stick in the bucket for her to climb in and out of. Put the bucket in her enclosure and leave it there all the time. She'll go in when she's ready and give her lots of privacy otherwise she won't use it. Check out the blog on here on laying
What can i do to give her more privacy? cover her with a blanket or something during the day? And il post the enclosure pics around 3pm once i get off work

Yes cover the part of the enclosure where she would normally see people and correct the depth and type of sand. It must be moist and able to dig a pretty deep tunnel with no collapse

Yes you can cover her when you know she's ready to lay. Also leave her be, no peaking or handling her and make sure there's plenty of foliage and cover in her enclosure.

This aint no good then for the bin?

Attachments

• IMG_2781.JPG
    IMG_2781.JPG
    314.8 KB · Views: 105
A few suggestions. Your enclosure needs more climbing branches and foliage. Lose the substrate on the bottom entirely. Most of us don't use anything at all. No, the coco fiber is no good for the laying bin. It needs to be sand and organic dirt.

You should also try to get the enclosure up off of the floor. The higher the better...
Sorry no help to original question.. :)

Back
Top Bottom