Help please Bodhi's leg

side note

The doctor was blown away on how attached Bodhi is to me he said he has never saw that from a reptile ever. He said it was dog like.

So it looks like we caught the MBD very early. The Vet put Bodhi on a calcium drop and he said use it on Ranger also for the next 45 days. Thank you everyone I will keep you posted on how he does. Any one have a recommendation for vitamin Supplements that do not have calcium since we are on the drops?

Good that it's in the early stages! You can still use powdered supplement in addition to the liquid calcium.

I have a similar issues and my guy us about 2 years old. However xrays show no break.His blood work was pretty normal but there were some slightly elevated results which could mean kidney issues. I'm curious which breeder you received your chameleon from? (symptoms are very similar and perplexing) where are you located, maybe I can help you with a vet. Right now I am basically just taking care of my guy as per my vet. He's a bit sluggish and still has the leg issues but eats fine. I'm hoping he simply snaps out of it. He hasn't pooped in a about 5 days so I'm watching that closely as well. Taking extra great care, but I always have and will continue to.
J

Just reduce the powdered supplement to once a week. It's very hard to overdose on oral calcium fortunately. Injectable calcium can cause toxicity but oral calcium will not be absorbed by the GI tract unless it's needed so if there's more than the body needs it will just pass through.

i’ve been asked to take a look at this thread, but have nothing to add that ferret hasn’t already covered. however, i am still unsure about the vet visit; was this presumed MBD from an exam, or were x-rays and/or bloodwork done?

o-

Just reduce the powdered supplement to once a week. It's very hard to overdose on oral calcium fortunately. Injectable calcium can cause toxicity but oral calcium will not be absorbed by the GI tract unless it's needed so if there's more than the body needs it will just pass through.

How often should the OP offer D3? From my understanding, calcium will not be absorbed without it. Should Bodhi get D3 twice a month, or once a week?

If I was in your situation, I would halt the Repashy Calcium Plus. I would use Calcium with D3, Multivitamin, and possibly plain Calcium (on top of the liquid cal). That way you have more control over the supplementation he gets.

How often should the OP offer D3? From my understanding, calcium will not be absorbed without it. Should Bodhi get D3 twice a month, or once a week?

If I was in your situation, I would halt the Repashy Calcium Plus. I would use Calcium with D3, Multivitamin, and possibly plain Calcium (on top of the liquid cal). That way you have more control over the supplementation he gets.

The vet said to stop the rapashy calcium & multivitamin. He said calcium carbonate with vitamin d3 everyday. Multivitamins once a week. You want to make sure the calcium is calcium carbonate and vitamin d is d3. The rapashy with calcium and multivitamin, if you dust your crickets everyday with that it could overdose the Cham with too many vitamins.

Another thing I think caused this is Bodhi waits to eat the crickets. I think he waits until the dust is off to eat them. The UBV lights were almost a year old too so the combination of the two was most likely what did it. And yes this was just an exam we took stool to have tested also.

oh no!! i hope the vet is able to get it back in without too much of an issue, im keeping Bodhi in my thoughts! please keep us updated on how he is doing! poor fellow is having quite a hard week :(

Today's vet visit

I guess what is sticking out is his hemipene. They gave us a choice to amputate or try letting it go back with the help of medication. I'm going to start a new thread to ask opinions.

Back
Top Bottom