Help please

Dillo99

I'm thinking about getting a chameleon...
First: I found a turquoise Veiled Chameleon on www.theveiledchameleon.com should I buy it is it a trust worthy website???
Second: I read online that I shouldn't have my chameleon in a room at night with like a tv on it disrupts it when it is sleeping is that true?
Lastly: i have 3 cats 2 dogs will they try to kill my chameleon? If so should i have it I a place were they can't get it.....

Help me please. ........dylan:)

I'm thinking about getting a chameleon...
First: I found a turquoise Veiled Chameleon on www.theveiledchameleon.com should I buy it is it a trust worthy website???
Second: I read online that I shouldn't have my chameleon in a room at night with like a tv on it disrupts it when it is sleeping is that true?
Lastly: i have 3 cats 2 dogs will they try to kill my chameleon? If so should i have it I a place were they can't get it.....

Help me please. ........dylan:)

wELCOME!
ive never used them so i dont know. try one of our site sponsors. upper right corner of the forum, view our sponsors.
they are deaf, so sound wont disturb them, but viberations and bright lights will.
and they could try to kill it, but thats dependent on your animals.

i keep two of my three away from everything, but thats just cuz i keep them in a seperate room, one of mine is in my room with my cat, but he doesnt really care.

Thank you :D
And btw how big should I get the cage sheould i have. 18x18x32 for his whole life or should i just have small cage and get a bigger 1 when he gets older

You been a big help. I can't wait to get it im buying 1 Friday :D:

Have you decided for sure where you are getting your chameleon from? Just make sure you have everything ready for the arrival.. cage assembled, plants washed with organic soil and river stone placed on top of the soil, vines, sticks, lights, vitamins, heat and humidity gauges, feeder bugs, as that way you can just put your new baby in it and let it adjust to his new surroundings for awhile as to avoid much stress on it.

the answer is NO!!! I will just leave it at that! however, you can use our site sponsor veildchameleon.com. Not "theveildchameleon.com". There is a difference and they are the ones you want to use!

I too have heard lots of bad stuff about the web site you want to use. There are several of our sponsors who sell Veileds and you wont get screwed over! Up in the top right corner, under the add you will see a link to excellent cham sellers. OH YEAH.... Hello& welcome to our band of cham crazys!! Anything you need to know you will find here...We are glad to help! Dave

PS.... Check the care sheets on thier sites for your type of cham. Also go here to read about the site you wanted to use www.chameleoncompany.com

Ok but the one i really wanted to get was the turquoise veiled chameleon but it seems like that is the only website that has that kind of chameleon

Ok but the one i really wanted to get was the turquoise veiled chameleon but it seems like that is the only website that has that kind of chameleon

Don't worry, there are other "turquoise" and other color phase veiled chameleons out there. Remember, the photos a website chooses to show can be doctored or not even their own breeders. I'd suggest you check out their reputation on the Fauna Classifieds Board of Inquiry before buying. There is no guarrantee your baby would end up looking like the pictured adult as there is so much individual variation in chams.

Other pets could certainly try to grab your cham if it is out of the cage. Cats might go for it in the cage depending on how predatory yours happens to be. Don't have cats so I can't know for sure. Just assume that would happen and you'll be safe.

Generally, lights and activity (like loud low frequency bass music) can keep a cham awake. You could always put a dark cover over the cage.

Last edited:
Have you looked into FLChams.com. I just bought a veiled through them and he's already showing promising patterns. And you can look at all of their breeders and they are all great looking breeders. And on a plus Mike who owns the company is a great guy who takes great lengths to care for them.

Wait u mean put like a blanket or something on the cage?
Ya I looked at flchams I like that website but my mom said the shipping price is BS:( does anyone know anything about jackson chameleons because my friend is pushing me to get 1 because if the cool horns

Wait u mean put like a blanket or something on the cage?
Ya I looked at flchams I like that website but my mom said the shipping price is BS:( does anyone know anything about jackson chameleons because my friend is pushing me to get 1 because if the cool horns

Yep...put a cover on the cage. Dont put anything over the lights though!:eek: If you forget to take it off..... Well.... I dont have to tell you what could happen. Try looking at LLL;) Where do you live? You might be able to find something local.. no shipping. If you do find something local... Try & get a pic & show us first so we can see if there is anything visibly wrong

Back
Top Bottom