Help!!! Why is my chameleon sitting sideways!!

Just before i took this he was drinking off his wall

Attachments

• 151379043157469716970.jpg
    151379043157469716970.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 143
That terrarium will not be suitable as he grows. There's definitely a lot your going to have to upgrade in order for your chameleon to have a long healthy life.

I noticed in the photo that your uvb bulb is of the CFL type. Generally the linear uvb bulbs are what are trusted as the CFL uvb bulbs caused quite a few issues with reptiles when they first came out, and despite the problem being claimed to have been fixed, most are still hesitant to use them.

Thank you for posting the photos...but I was aware of what the orange cubes are...I don't use them because I like to feed all the insects a natural nutritious diet. I don't use mealworms because the have been said to cause impaction and there are better insects such as hornworms, silkworms, roaches, superworms, black soldier fly larva, etc to use.

The light hoods are fine but what's important is that you are using a proper UVB light..which is what I really was asking about.

If I can't see a photo of the chameleon sitting sideways like you said you were concerned about I can't possibly tell you if it's something to be concerned about or not...but the fact that you said he doesn't always do it makes me think it's not serious.

The cage looks ok for now but you will soon need a bigger one. I'm hoping I would place both light fixtures at the same end of the cage to help with the airflow and I would not have anything else sitting on top of the screen but a dripper because if you're blocking the screen your blocking the airflow.

Regarding the fruits...he may not be interested...they don't all eat them...just most of the veileds do. They also eat plant leaves so they need to be well washed ...both sides of the leaves and non toxic too.

Thank you for posting the photos...but I was aware of what the orange cubes are...I don't use them because I like to feed all the insects a natural nutritious diet. I don't use mealworms because the have been said to cause impaction and there are better insects such as hornworms, silkworms, roaches, superworms, black soldier fly larva, etc to use.

The light hoods are fine but what's important is that you are using a proper UVB light..which is what I really was asking about.

If I can't see a photo of the chameleon sitting sideways like you said you were concerned about I can't possibly tell you if it's something to be concerned about or not...but the fact that you said he doesn't always do it makes me think it's not serious.

The cage looks ok for now but you will soon need a bigger one. I'm hoping I would place both light fixtures at the same end of the cage to help with the airflow and I would not have anything else sitting on top of the screen but a dripper because if you're blocking the screen your blocking the airflow.

Regarding the fruits...he may not be interested...they don't all eat them...just most of the veileds do. They also eat plant leaves so they need to be well washed ...both sides of the leaves and non toxic too.

Yes, I have seen some bite marks on the plants, don't worry I made sure that they are chameleon safe and ill get the top of his cage cleared there was just a paper up there temporarily because like I said, underneath is a file cabinet and the picture was hanging in the way of that but it is usually not on top I was wondering about the stuff on top of the cage because I heard that the air flow needed to be good but I also know that it needs to be humid.... And i know that the cage is not very sutible but it is all we could use at the moment and he is still very little as you can see by my profile pic and others, so the cage is very big to him and like i said he gets free roaming time a lot and about the meal worms I use them because honestly how small tango is I don' think he would be able to eat one if those other worms yet, and thank you for letting me know that they might cause impaction, i have not heard of that but will deffinitally do research on it

That terrarium will not be suitable as he grows. There's definitely a lot your going to have to upgrade in order for your chameleon to have a long healthy life.

I know but now we are using what we have and he is very young and we have a possible move soon in the future and then we would probably get him a bigger cage

I forgot to say the plants should be real...not fake because the veiled chameleons eat them sometimes...fake ones can cause impadtion if eaten.

Regarding the white scales on the lips...they are fine.

Regarding the curving...is he doing it under the basking light? Could be just trying to warm up.

Back
Top Bottom