Here is a weird question, can a chameleon go receptive when already diagnosed with follicular stasis

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey guys! Here is a strange question, as stated above can chameleon who have been diagnosed over a period of months to have follicular stasis (from ultra sounds and xrays) become receptive?

Nachito has been absolutely pacing the top of her cage for the last few days and I have no idea why, as I just got home from my trip I only have to go off her camera in her cage and temp gauge and everything seems normal besides her being all over the place.
She even tried to reach up and grab onto the top screen of her cage

So could she be receptive 🤷‍♀️
She isn’t showing any abnormal colors just seeming restless (happening since Wednesday according to my footage)

And she was double checked to still have stuck follicles about two months ago (I think that’s the right time period)

So like, why is she all over the place?

Hmmm well someone came down to say hi
IMG_5610.jpeg

I don't know this for sure. Its my total assumption. Whatever hormones, that are specific to her being female/receptive are still being produced at a reduced amount. This causing behavioral responses.

It looks like she’s receptive again and in search for a male. They become extremely restless in this period, more than the phase before laying their eggs.

It looks like she’s receptive again and in search for a male. They become extremely restless in this period, more than the phase before laying their eggs.
Right! But the thing I’m wondering is, is that even possible with her still having the stuck follicles in her from last time? 🤔

Just about a month ago it was confirmed by ultrasound that her follicles were still there

Right! But the thing I’m wondering is, is that even possible with her still having the stuck follicles in her from last time? 🤔

Just about a month ago it was confirmed by ultrasound that her follicles were still there
I don’t think their hormon cyclus stops regardless of the follicles. At least that’s my gut feeling about this.
Probably we will never know exactly except of guessing

I don’t think their hormon cyclus stops regardless of the follicles. At least that’s my gut feeling about this.
Probably we will never know exactly except of guessing
Honestly I totally think your are right ! Cause she came out of her cage to explore and is showing some flash blues

My girl has done this as well…I have it documented on my calendar but I’m at work so I can’t give specifics. I will update when I get the info. She did end up laying eggs after and it had been a year since her last clutch. Do you still have the laybin in there? Just incase…

My girl has done this as well…I have it documented on my calendar but I’m at work so I can’t give specifics. I will update when I get the info. She did end up laying eggs after and it had been a year since her last clutch. Do you still have the laybin in there? Just incase…
Yes I do, haven’t taken it out since I first put it in. So wait your girl had follicular stasis then ended laying later on? When you can I’d love it if you could share your experiences!

Still at work lol! But I will for sure give you details on what my girl. She has never been diagnosed with follicular stasis but it could be a possibility bc she maintained her gravid weight and pooch nearly the whole time. I was very surprised when she started digging. She had one other instance during the year where I do believe they were reabsorbed bc she did lose weight and looked normal.

Still at work lol! But I will for sure give you details on what my girl. She has never been diagnosed with follicular stasis but it could be a possibility bc she maintained her gravid weight and pooch nearly the whole time. I was very surprised when she started digging. She had one other instance during the year where I do believe they were reabsorbed bc she did lose weight and looked normal.
Don’t worry there is no rush :)
I’m so interest in how this is going to go with my girl, but we will see what happens over the next month

Here is the time line:
-Laid eggs 3 Jan 2023
-Receptive beginning of April 2023
-Receptive end of June 2023
-Receptive beginning of Oct 2023 (at this point she was at a normal non gravid weight)
-Receptive end of Feb 2024 (with noticeable weight gain)
-Laid eggs 4 April 2024
-Maybe receptive beginning of July 2024

I have noticed her receptive periods over the years have become more subtle. The most restless behavior is when she is going to lay eggs. That’s one of the main reasons I weigh her regularly bc I can’t really tell with her colors. She is usually pretty active patrolling as well. Hope this helps! 😊

I’m pretty much 100% sure Nachito was receptive. So now I’m wondering, because she went through this maybe the hormone will push the follicles that she had into calcification stage and maybe, just maybe she will lay 😣😣😣

can anyone remind me again how long it is between supposed receptive period and laying period? I want to make sure I’m monitoring her for the correct amount of time. I think if I’m remember correctly it’s a month?

Back
Top Bottom