hibiscus

minola blahnik

These are one of my favorite plants for chameleons. My male veiled loves to eat the pretty flowers, I necessarily don't. Should I just not worry about the flowers and let him munch away?

Of course! He only eats them because he thinks they are pretty too!:D
I love using my hibiscus plant when i have the cam out of his cage but my cam has yet to enjoy any of the flowers before..maybe he is not a fan of pink..

broccoli, cauliflower, artichoke, to each his own...

Sure, let them eat what they want. What's the harm if you don't see any flowers before they are eaten?

Keep a steady supply of fertilizer coming and the plant will keep making flowers.

OT: It would be interesting to know if they have any taste or color preferences. this would be hard to delineate. It would take a well-designed experiment and a large number of plants in a very large environment.

Perhaps irrelevant: I find the dark red flowered hibiscus too strong in flavor. The same with hibiscus tea, to me. Yellow and orange flowers are milder in flavor, and are nice in a mixed salad.

And if you haven't tried the flowers of the related genus _Abultilon_, you should; delicious.

Thanks for all the replies. I guess the consenses is to let him eat the flowers. The plant is for him any way. So that isa what he will contibue to do. :)

My guy destroyed my hibiscus flowers/buds after destroying my vitis (grape vine!) So I guess a grape vine is tastier! :p

Back
Top Bottom