Home made misting system for $30+tax

I think youll be more than pleased with the results . I just dont see why you would waste $120 + on a misting system when you can make a better version of it for about $ 30

I've got a 530 GPH pump, a timer, and a nozzle used to water plants. It definitely creates "rain," and the chameleon drinks from it just fine, but it dumps alot of water on the bottom of my cage. After the pump, the timer, the nozzles, tubing, and fittings I was well over $30, but not nearly as much as the misting systems with the high pressure pumps. What everyone needs to remember, though, is that you will not be able to create enough pressure to run a fine mist nozzle with these cheaper pumps. You need to get a nozzle with either very coarse mist, or more of a sprayer/dripper. And with these nozzles you get a high flow rate which means you need to have a very good drainage system.

You are obviously not gonna run it as lomng as the fine mist pumps . If you are looking for that "dew " on the leaves run it for 10 sec. And you get it . And for a cage you dont need that much output (530 gph ) you need about a, third of that .

would love more information if available..

in the process of building a bottom drainage system and would love to pair it with a misting system to eliminate hand misting that I miss when working during the day

Do you guys think there would be anyway to make this cheap set up workable for 2 cages? Some how split the hose so it would rain on 2 areas? I want to make one but I need it to work for 2 cages

Oh yeah very easy. Just but a "tee" for micro irrigation at lowes and that'll split it for 2 cages .

I just picked up a 280 gph pond pump instead of the 125 gph i was looking to get mainly because the sales man "advised" me that since my cage is just over 5 feet tall i would need the larger capacity pump to sufficiently generate enough pressure to allow the water to pass up the tubing from the floor to the top of the cage. He showed me the side panel that indicates the drop in pressure in relation to the distance water has to travel from the bucket to the mist nozzles. Is this true or was I just played by the dude in order to buy a more expensive item??

Back
Top Bottom