Honey Parson Baby

I know that's impossible, so in that case they should go to advanced keepers that do provide the amount of space they need. We should make the best of it for the animals that are already here, but try to prevent more to get imported or smuggled at the same time. As soon as someone buys the smuggled parsonii's, new ones will be brought in, it's a circle that will continue untill the source is dried out. But isn't that what happens with any kind of source we humans take things from?

As you can't sleep you better think about how lucky you are to be able to have parsonii's and you should provide the amount of space those animals need. I don't know what you consider 'regular' but it sounds to me it's like the size of a veiled chameleon cage or something?

I know that's impossible, so in that case they should go to advanced keepers that do provide the amount of space they need. We should make the best of it for the animals that are already here, but try to prevent more to get imported or smuggled at the same time. As soon as someone buys the smuggled parsonii's, new ones will be brought in, it's a circle that will continue untill the source is dried out. But isn't that what happens with any kind of source we humans take things from?
So what sort of space do you suggest each parsonii needs? Do you base this off your own experience or what?

Hefty price tags deter the trade a bit, at least in the US. It's up to other countries to decide whether or not they want to be one of the causes of an animal's population slowly diminishing. Then again, isn't that where everything is heading? Perhaps just not as quickly.

I don't know what you consider 'regular'
Hm....

As you can't sleep you better think about how lucky you are to be able to have parsonii's and you should provide the amount of space those animals need. I don't know what you consider 'regular' but it sounds to me it's like the size of a veiled chameleon cage or something?

I don't feel the need to explain to someone who apparantly doesn't know me but I will give you a quick rundown. I don't free range my Parsonii or keep them in a greenhouse. They are in their own climate contolled room with proper humidity. The males are in 6x6x6ft. cages and the females are in 5x4x4ft.cages and receive the best care possible. They get regular checkups and better taken care of than most humans.

Indeed. They don't do well in regular enclosures, and prefer way bigger. Now, you have 2 choices: green house or free ranging. Green house are expensive, but worth it. Free ranging means difficulty to get high humidity, and i also read that they do better when they always have at least 2 meters in distance from anyone in the room (humans, dogs, cats), making it difficult to provide the proper installation!

But how gorgeous are they!!

are you a blue lemon?

are you a blue lemon?

NO! Just a fly by night expert who has owned only pardalis for maybe six months. You will find those here more than you will find true experts who have been keeping chameleons for more than 10 years. Honestly, its a shame that the real experts who are members do not post on here as much as we all would like. As humans we all get tired of complete ignorance or people who think they are experts after 6 months or even 6 years of experience. It is a shame, in my eyes, that the truly experienced chameleon keepers do not post as much as they do. However, I understand in most circumstances.

@Jared: Yesterday he told me that I'm envy just because I have said that those parsoniis are probably just WC ones....:rolleyes:

@Chuck: Good posts ! Maybe the persons who haven't kept parsoniis should ask keepers before they come to the conclusion how much space they need. First of all the room question depends on the activity of the species and not on the length

And my thoughts to protection aspect: Parsoniis won't extinct because of illegal trading. The no.1 problem is the habitat loss. Those few hundret smuggled animals per year won't destroy the populations. Even the TONs of parsoniis which were imported in the US two decades ago didn't really destroy populations from what I have heard.

NO! Just a fly by night expert who has owned only pardalis for maybe six months. You will find those here more than you will find true experts who have been keeping chameleons for more than 10 years. Honestly, its a shame that the real experts who are members do not post on here as much as we all would like. As humans we all get tired of complete ignorance or people who think they are experts after 6 months or even 6 years of experience. It is a shame, in my eyes, that the truly experienced chameleon keepers do not post as much as they do. However, I understand in most circumstances.

Hi Cainschams=)

in fact i wasn't speaking to you, was talking to morpheon, who seems to read a lot a french forum, where I usually post.

Was a little joke on the admin name on that forum, no worries.^^

Love the Parsonii, I wish I could have some.

Eszzie, I appreciate your affection for parsonii. Nothing good comes out of smuggling in the end, but deforestation is another huge problem.
However, As far as Chuck G goes- Well, Chuck G knows his stuff! He has some awesome animals. His Ambanjas are known for having some serious blues. You can certainly know that his parsonii are getting nothing but the best.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom