How can you tell?

s8santos

Hey new to the forum, and a 1st time owner of a veiled chameleon. i was just wondering how you can tell if your cham is a male or female? :eek:

spud.jpg

only photo i have of my cham...

Look at it's back feet. If he has tarsal spurs than it's a boy. Females don't have them. It's like a bump with baby chams like that.

awesome, been looking at all the links you have provided and really helped alot!! i appreciate it...

I think im starting to second guess my decision when i said it was a girl >.< i was looking at her/him (lol) now and i can kind of see a spore, im not sure lol

should it be more profound when they get a little more older?

There will be absolutley no spur if it is a female. If there is, it will be a male. Try posting a photo of the back feet and we can help you. :)

Looks like a girl to me. Good luck with her!

yup. shes very cute i might add. :D!!! girls arnt colorful like males but they make up for it in beauty and grace. they have cute personailty traits i might add. i actually prefur females to males and so far have only gotten females chams(by choice) i just like them alot.

Looks like a girl to me. Good luck with her!
haha thanks!
yup. shes very cute i might add. :D!!! girls arnt colorful like males but they make up for it in beauty and grace. they have cute personailty traits i might add. i actually prefur females to males and so far have only gotten females chams(by choice) i just like them alot.

yea she's extremely friendly and doesnt mind climbing on my hand. she actually trys reaching for me every time i place my hand to spray the cage lol.

so for the most part she is going to stay such a light green? or that should change later on down the line?

haha thanks!

yea she's extremely friendly and doesnt mind climbing on my hand. she actually trys reaching for me every time i place my hand to spray the cage lol.

so for the most part she is going to stay such a light green? or that should change later on down the line?

yes she will stay this color; however, when she becomes gravid she will show the prittyist yellow and blue spots. :) mabey someone can post a pic of theirs in these colors? mine hasnt reached that point yet. u'll post pics of mine show bright greens tho. they do get a little more color ful

here- is when she was a baby. shes older now. i'll post big pics of her when i upload then in a sec.
theres pics were taken just minutes ago. this if her FR(Freerange). as you can see shes still green but she will show dark spots when stressed and she shows her "warrior" colors when shes walking on the ground like in the baby picture. :)

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
wow beautiful!!! thats awesome!

Looking at this made me excited about mine once its older!!

lol. tat was her as a munchkin. i woke her up and she flashed some grump! yours can do those colors to :):D if you go on my page to album iv got a pic of her in the sun. she was showing some lime green. this colors are nothing compared to the blue and yellows of a mature female. jannb as some of her females that are jaw dropping :) you should look on her page.

Back
Top Bottom