My Veiled Hunter is always Brown

Hello you say he is five months old right. Well all of his colors havent come in yet. They start off green then at about four to five months the colors start with each shed. Like I said when mine hunts, he gets brown also gets bland when trying to lie flattened out on his side to get more baskimg heat. I like to have dimmer switches on my basking bulb so I can dim them if temps get too high in summer. Its so much easier then moving the branch. Also if you live in so cal, i have a great vet Dr Stein at Studio City Animal Clinic. They have two reptile vets there and he doesnt jack up his prices due to exotic. I just adore him. I usually pay 105.00 per visit. So so reasonable. Access charged me 850.00 and didnt even drain an abcess! that was for meds and blood work, ugh. Write it down, its worth the drive. Great set up. Your boy will start patroling every morn once he is a bit older. Make sure everything is safe in the cage cause once he starts looking for a female, he will be all.over it. If you have cut off ends of zip ties, melt them. Nothing sharp.
Hi… he has never been green except when he sleeps he is yellow and green.

Studio city is almost 3 hours. I used to go to Greek and Associates in Yorba Linda but now I’m near Temecula.

He is all over now lol.. top to bottom. I didn’t melt the zip ties 🤦‍♀️ and getting him out is going to be an issue. But I will try my best to take care of this right away!

Ok call Dr Stein and ask for a referral in your area. They all know each other. Let me find his number. 818-769-1338. When you take him out dont pull him if he grips down or your can pull out his nails. See if he will walk onto you if not put your hand under his belly and lift gently. If he loops his tail around something just unloop it slowly. Grabbing him from the top is how birds grab them and will cause him stress which you dont want. I have also noticed that humming helps calm them. They are very curious and he may like getting out if his cage every now and then. Dont let him climb on your head i had one crush the cartilage in my ear when something startled him. if you ever take him outside for a walk you want to keep one hand on him at all times in case a bird swoops down to get dinner.

Hi… he has never been green except when he sleeps he is yellow and green.

Studio city is almost 3 hours. I used to go to Greek and Associates in Yorba Linda but now I’m near Temecula.

He is all over now lol.. top to bottom. I didn’t melt the zip ties 🤦‍♀️ and getting him out is going to be an issue. But I will try my best to take care of this right away!
I have no idea of the distance you’d need to travel back to Dr Greek, but afaik, he is one of the better chameleon vets in the country and I’d definitely be going back to him if able. I choose to drive 45-60 mins each way for a good vet when I need more than just a fecal. Put your chameleon in a dark box and they’ll sleep during the trip.

Ok call Dr Stein and ask for a referral in your area. They all know each other. Let me find his number. 818-769-1338. When you take him out dont pull him if he grips down or your can pull out his nails. See if he will walk onto you if not put your hand under his belly and lift gently. If he loops his tail around something just unloop it slowly. Grabbing him from the top is how birds grab them and will cause him stress which you dont want. I have also noticed that humming helps calm them. They are very curious and he may like getting out if his cage every now and then. Dont let him climb on your head i had one crush the cartilage in my ear when something startled him. if you ever take him outside for a walk you want to keep one hand on him at all times in case a bird swoops down to get dinner.
That fantastic advise thank you!

I have no idea of the distance you’d need to travel back to Dr Greek, but afaik, he is one of the better chameleon vets in the country and I’d definitely be going back to him if able. I choose to drive 45-60 mins each way for a good vet when I need more than just a fecal. Put your chameleon in a dark box and they’ll sleep during the trip.
Dr Greek is about 30 min maybe 45 with no traffic. Definitely doable

Back
Top Bottom