How do you guys feed your chameleon? and what do u feed them?

dastone181

i have a 3-4 month old veiled chameleon and im trying different feeding techniques, im generally feeding crickets and trying pheonyx worms..iv done cup feeding but they seem to get out of the cup, i need some ideas that can work for a 30inch wide 30 inch high and like 16 inch deep enclosure, remember its for a young chameleo but im taking all opinions! oh and btw my cham doesnt like eating infront of me

take one of thos ziplock tupperware things with a lid. cut the center of the lid out. that rim around the top helps keep the crickets in.

We have a mail veiled about a year old. and we just let his crickets free roam around the cage and he hunts them down. We have had him since he was just a few months old and have never cup fed him. And he never had any problems with it. We have also recently been feeding him silkies and hornworms.. and he loves them! (we also let thoes free roam the cage)

We have a mail veiled about a year old. and we just let his crickets free roam around the cage and he hunts them down. We have had him since he was just a few months old and have never cup fed him. And he never had any problems with it. We have also recently been feeding him silkies and hornworms.. and he loves them! (we also let thoes free roam the cage)
was he in a large cage since he was a baby?

Free roaming works well if you have a cage were the crix don't get out (in mine, they can). In addition to the method mentioned above about the hole cut in the lid, you can also get a 1/2 gallon milk jug, cut off 2 sides then glue screen on the inside. You may still have some escape but most won't. With them climbing the cham has something to hunt.

Like this:

Free roaming works well if you have a cage were the crix don't get out (in mine, they can). In addition to the method mentioned above about the hole cut in the lid, you can also get a 1/2 gallon milk jug, cut off 2 sides then glue screen on the inside. You may still have some escape but most won't. With them climbing the cham has something to hunt.

Like this:

well the crix cant get out of my cage so i think i will let them free roam, how many should i put in at a time? for about a 3-4 month old cham

Normally I would just dump the crickets into the cage and let it be.

But with the cage re-doing I am trying to fix the way they are cared for so Currently I put a few crickets in a day to free range (Like 5 or 6) and at night remove the crickets.

Soon though they will be cup fed once again,.

Back
Top Bottom