How does your current cage look like? (Please post pictures)

here are my two indoor cages. My chameleons don't spend too much time in them though!!! and thought I would throw in this cool Lizard I just bought for the wall in my cham/computer room!

Great set-ups and I love the lizard? Question: I don't see anything for drainage. What do you do?

Great set-ups and I love the lizard? Question: I don't see anything for drainage. What do you do?

I do not water my chameleons inside those cages. I take them outside and I give them water in my outdoor cages. I run drippers and do some misting but they really only drink from the drippers. Like I said they spend way more time outside then in. Yeah, I love my Lizard on the wall! Thanks!!

Another one:

u9u4u7u3.jpg

2yquqeba.jpg
hi im just wondering what size mesh you used. guessing by the pic its 1" x1" but that seems like it wouldnt keep the bugs in. trying to build my own and would love all the advice youll give. thanks in advance!

Last edited:
hi im just wondering what size mesh you used. guessing by the pic its 1" x1" but that seems like it wouldnt keep the bugs in. trying to build my own and would love all the advice youll give. thanks in advance!
This thread is from 9 years ago, and the fellow who posted those pics hasn't been around in 6 years.
It looks like 1/2" to me, but could be different.

No idea what he could have been feeding or how (hand fed?)

oh wow, fair enough thanks for the heads up. going to build my own having a hard time trying to decide what to use.
If you're going to feed anything that might escape (crickets?) I'd use window screen mesh. Most of the commercial screen enclosures use that size.

I've also seen some DIY enclosures that used a double wall. The inside screen being 1/4" coated (for chameleon feet) with an inch or so gap, and then a layer of window screen to keep escapees from getting out.

OTOH, I haven't seen a commercial enclosure yet that was 100% bug-proof. I get occasional cricket escapees, but so far they've all wound up in the drain pan and washed down into the bucket.

Back
Top Bottom