How long can a 10 month old chameleon go without eating?

DeathnoteTrash

Alright so I can not afford to buy food for my chameleon right now to due a lot of christmas shopping. I will be able to go get food on thursday and i just want to know how long they can go without eating.

Shes a female 10 month old veiled

I hate to be the first one to say this but shouldn't your priority have been to make sure your little girl is fed before a gift was purchased. Not trying to mean just concerned.
I just fed her the last of her food and no, my chameleon is not first of my concerns. My family and friends are way more important than my chameleon and should always come first before any of my animals.

If I remember correctly, I think females are suppose to eat 8ish feeders every other day, but my male has gone 4 days without eating before and was perfectly fine

Would you think she would be okay until Thursday?
I would think so as long as she is healthy now. If you fed her today, and can get food Thursday that is only 2 days. I would say if she is healthy, at a good weight and there is no risk of her laying eggs soon, she should be fine.

Yes in theory she should be fine. MY girl has gone 4 days because she was sick on meds. But Like others said, if shes healthy and no medical issues, then your okay. Usually crickets are 3$ max for just 20. Cant spare that?

from time to time i can't get crickets my jackson chameleons longest time without food is 7 days it might be different for different chameleons:cool:

My family and friends are way more important than my chameleon and should always come first before any of my animals.

A life of an animal should ALWAYS come FIRST before any material items for your friends or family.

If you are EVER at the point where you can't afford a few measly bucks for feeders, then the chameleon hobby probably isn't for you.....

I just fed her the last of her food and no, my chameleon is not first of my concerns. My family and friends are way more important than my chameleon and should always come first before any of my animals.
Ouch cold blooded. Id hate to be any of your animals.

I live in the Coachella valley and im not sure of anyone here that loans ;///
Sorry, I'm south of LA if you were closer I'd just give you a dozen to tide you over and hope you'd help someone else out down the line. I thought someone in your area would pick up the thread and remember what season this is.

You should not have a chameleon until you can afford food and everything else to make it live comfortably. Try catching a moth or 2 outside at night near a light source.

Back
Top Bottom