How To Sex Baby Panthers

I still say female. Behind the vent the tail actually goes in like there is a Hollow space there. Im no pro by far lol but I've seen some very colorful girls. And you cant really base sex off color at a young age. Hopefully one of the seasoned vets can chime in with their advice.

So what's the verdict on this one? I guess I got a little confused as to who was responding to what.

So your bigger female - No way to tell you what locale. If you are not sure what locale it is, sadly you would have to label it as unknown. Unless you can provide pictures of the sire we can't really help here. And even then, if you don't know the Moms lineage it could still be a mix of sorts.

The "male" in question is a female. Based on the size, she looks to be past the 4 month mark (more like 5-6 months). And lack of bulge and color says female.

Thank you! Unfortunately, I can't provide pictures of the sire. I even asked my specialty vet about it and he said he couldn't say, either. He also agreed that the questionable cham is a female. Ah well, my trek to find a male continues...

baby ambilobe blue bar.. male or female?

anyone want to test their panther chameleon sexing skills?

The breeder picked it out as a male... looks male to me based on the information supplied here. I would like to get some opinions on this. Im used to raising chameleons from 4-6 months and older. It has been a few years since I have taken on a baby panther (3-4" max).

If it turns out to be female its not that much of a loss. My adult Sambava male panther would love to get is groove on. :).

well what do you think? m or f?

http://postimg.org/image/s36gj7krz/

http://postimg.org/image/xgcpq4mrl/

Does the same go for rudis chameleons?

I'm getting a pair of rudis' chameleons this week and am planning on breeding them, and was wondering how to sex the babies

Can u tell me if this rudis Cham is male or female image.jpg

Jamjam: definite male. The tail shows it (most important), us the green eye turrets, light blue chevrons on the sides, slight "male" pattern showing in some pics....it's all there. :)

Cait, I'm not sure if it works with sternfeldi or not as I've never kept them. I've usually thought of baby Trioceros species as being much more difficult to tell than babies of Furcifer species that are more obvious.

just wondering what everyone thinks im sure she is a female she hatched 4 weeks ago i have had another hatch today i will upload that after

Attachments

• DSC_2253.jpg
    DSC_2253.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC_2255.jpg
    DSC_2255.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_2258.jpg
    DSC_2258.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC_2297.jpg
    DSC_2297.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 258
this one hatched during the night or this morning what does everyone think male or female??

Attachments

• DSC_2288.jpg
    DSC_2288.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC_2293.jpg
    DSC_2293.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC_2295.jpg
    DSC_2295.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_2296.jpg
    DSC_2296.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 233
Cait, I'm not sure if it works with sternfeldi or not as I've never kept them. I've usually thought of baby Trioceros species as being much more difficult to tell than babies of Furcifer species that are more obvious.

Ok thank you. I'm still not sure about one of mine. The worm lady said to try turning off all the lights and using a flashlight you can see the hemipenes under the skin, I'll try it tonight but they may still be too small for this to work

Can anyone tell me which gender this little guy is? He/she is about 4-5months old. Thanks! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 266
Do you know of any reliable breeders who could send me a male? We order this little guy from backwaterreptiles.com and told them we wanted a male and I guess we got a female instead. Thanks so much for replying!

Back
Top Bottom