Humidifiers

jdanielson69

It has been awfully dry here in Northern California. Yesterday my humidity in my house was down to 19%. My enclosure is barely keeping 30%. I am going to add a humidifier to the room. I am guessing the cool ones are better than the warm ones? Any brand/model preferences?

I use the vicks cool mist humidifier works awesome keep around 70 or more matters how high you turn it up its 40$ at walmart also remember dont use the medicine that comes with it lol quite obvious but people never seem to amaze me.

It has been awfully dry here in Northern California. Yesterday my humidity in my house was down to 19%. My enclosure is barely keeping 30%. I am going to add a humidifier to the room. I am guessing the cool ones are better than the warm ones? Any brand/model preferences?

"Warm" type humidifiers heat or boil the reservoir water to create steam. They used to be called vaporizers. Don't use them. "Cool" mist types use super high frequency vibration to create micro droplets of water...fog. The temp of the fog is very slightly below the temp of the reservoir water. Not cool enough to worry about. These work better for what we want.

"Warm" type humidifiers heat or boil the reservoir water to create steam. They used to be called vaporizers. Don't use them. "Cool" mist types use super high frequency vibration to create micro droplets of water...fog. The temp of the fog is very slightly below the temp of the reservoir water. Not cool enough to worry about. These work better for what we want.

I purchased a cool mist humidifier for $30 from Home Depot and it works just fine. Can run for 24 hours straight without filling so if you set it to a timer to come on and off throughout the day/night you won't have to fill it for a couple days at a time.

Mine keeps the humidity around 70% in the house. The enclosures go much higher when I mist.

Wait... Wait... A $30 dollar Humidifier from Home Depot keeps your entire house 70%

Really? How big is your house? Where do you live? What is the ambient humidity?

Back
Top Bottom