I’m a crab person now I guess

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
My Caribbean land crab (cardisoma guanhumi). My beast that was way bigger than I expected and changed all my plans. Honestly I think crustaceans are awesome, but if I could find a suitable home to truly give this guy what he needs I would consider rehoming him. Not because I don’t love him, but because he’s just so massive and is a serious commitment. And I refuse to not give my animals the best that I can…. For example I just bought a 220g reef ready tank off Facebook which is going to be probably a years long display project for our basement. My wife isn’t too thrilled, but she’s interested in helping landscape the tank.

They need deep substrate to burrow, salt, and freshwater. Warm and very humid temps. Loads of food variety as well.

This current tank is for functional purposes(75g)...not that pretty, hidden in our office. The 220g will be a naturalistic set up with a sump for the saltwater section. It will be tough, he loves digging complex tunnel systems and is not graceful(he’s like a bulldozer that’s fast).

We call those little tanks his hot tubs as he likes to sit in them. I have a fan, mistking, and uvb lights on timers for him as well with 3 humidity/temp sensors to keep it around 80-90 degrees and 80-90% humidity.

Attachments

• IMG_7641.jpeg
    IMG_7641.jpeg
    351 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9140.jpeg
    IMG_9140.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9139.jpeg
    IMG_9139.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom