I am back and he is still hurting!!

Thank you Carol, this was very helpful!!
Do you have any tips for a misting system? what in your opinion works best? right now I am just misting him by hand with a big bottle of hot water that i put reptivite in.

what do you mean that you put reptivite in a bottle???:confused:

Thanks just wanted to have the right uva bulb. do ur chams prefer 75 watt or 60 watt bulbs.
i just meant I usr the blue liquid drops to nuetralize the tap water.

i had a problem with my male the problem was it was to cold and i didnt have a proper basking light during the winter in CAwhen i got my male it was summer time the reptiglow 5.0 was hot enought to bask under until winter came... he became very agressive telling me there was a problem in his cage during that time he stopped eating,pooping and drinking.. soo i got new uvb light and uva dual compact lighting system and it took a while than finally after 1 month of no eattting or pooing hes back to his normal habits.. i wa so stressed during that time, i just loved his so much

Howdy All,

I thought I'd better post an update. Back on April 2nd, Gabe invited me over to take a look at his Veiled and his setup. We made a few changes:

1.) Replaced the "Zilla Tropical 25" UVB with one of my extra Reptisun 5.0 linear tubes and fixture. Verified UVB levels with my Solarmeter 6.2.

2.) Replaced the basking light with a 60W flood and moved it from the side to on top of the screen enclosure and aimed it downward. Verified potential basking skin temps with infrared temp gun.

3.) Fed-off some of my spare hornworms and left him with a partial cup of hornworms for future feedings. Gabe was pretty happy to see him eat again.

4.) Supplied some Cricket Crack and Dubias.

5.) Supplied some additional brands of calcium etc.

Interesting to note that in the past the Zilla Tropical 25 (Gabe's original setup) and the Desert 50 UVB had a very bad reputation for creating dangerous levels of UVB, some of it reaching into the shortest (deadly) wavelengths of the UVB-UVC portion of the spectrum. Those fixtures came with a special, clear plastic cover made of material that passed UVB with little energy loss. Removing the plastic cover on that fixture made things even worse :(. Well, Gabe's Zilla fixture must be their new design. Now the plastic cover filters out all of the UVB :(. I don't know if I should be happy that none of any potentially harmful spectral content could be making it to his chameleon or if I should be sad that none of the beneficial UVB was reaching him :confused:. Once again, Reptisun linear tubes to the rescue. It is still not clear that the Zilla UVB tubes are producing safe and effective UVB spectral content. I don't believe that the test data has been officially released by http://www.uvguide.co.uk yet. Stay tuned.

Dave is are such an excellent asset to the chameleon kingdom. Thanks for doing all that you do, we are all better keepers due to the advice and knowledge you supply.:D

Back
Top Bottom