I dont know what im doing wrong

Potatoguineapig

Hello I am 13 and own a female veiled chameleon. I have her in a 18by18by36 enclosure and she is about a year old. Her cage has plenty of cover, a uv light, and a heat lamp. I supplement twice a week with repticalcium, feed her every other day, and mist her cage every morning before i go to school. I also have a one foot deep egg laying container towards the back of the cage. The problem is she scratches on the side of the cage and rips her claws out (which really scares me), and thinks my room is her cage. She get extremely stressed out when i close the door and goes crazy, but on the other hand if i leave it open she leaps onto the carpet and runs around the room climbing on wires, and furniture and I'm worried she will injure herself. Also she climbs under the furniture and comes out a few minutes later. Help is greatly appreciated Thank You

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 146
setup

You need many more climbing sticks, esp. near the top of the cage. Then just pull some of your vines upward. Chameleons like to be at the top of the cage.
You need more info, so hopefully someone will chime in for the details.

Back
Top Bottom