I dont know what to think

Vince

You think he went to bed drunk? It was a ruff day for him i gave the cage a deep cleaning today. This meaning i had to remove him from his space....Poor guy

Attachments

• 100_1425.jpg
    100_1425.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 191
When i left to go eat dinner he was on the edge. I think he may have slipped. It would have been a drop without his trusty tail.

Am i the only one that thinks this is weird/funny? I have never witnessed a sleeping pose like this one. As the night went on he kept slipping more and more. To the point where his horn was almost toughing the floor of the cage. He finally pulled himself up sometime cause i went in and he was laying on the pot up right again.

Do you shut your lights off at the same time? Alot of times people shut lights off at different times, and it confues them and they just fall asleep where they quit roaming

Most odd! He must have been worn out after his busy day! Lucky he didn't fall and damage his horn. Lily usually sleeps in the same place, but tonight she's sat on her branch with her nose resting in her umbrella plant! She looks so sweet!:D

Do you shut your lights off at the same time? Alot of times people shut lights off at different times, and it confues them and they just fall asleep where they quit roaming

Nope they are on timers also, i have the basking shut off about 20 mins earlier than his UVB. He always goes and finds his spot as soon as the basking goes off. Just a ruff day i guess.

Nope they are on timers also, i have the basking shut off about 20 mins earlier than his UVB. He always goes and finds his spot as soon as the basking goes off. Just a ruff day i guess.

Lily does the same - her basking light goes off 30mins before the UV and she always makes her way to her roosting place when the first light goes out! Clever chameleons! It's funny how they just sleep where they are if the lights go out when they aren't ready! Maybe it's cos they can't see in the dark?!:p

Lily does the same - her basking light goes off 30mins before the UV and she always makes her way to her roosting place when the first light goes out! Clever chameleons! It's funny how they just sleep where they are if the lights go out when they aren't ready! Maybe it's cos they can't see in the dark?!:p

Yeah i don't think they can see so well in the dark. My cham was on the mesh once when i had them all shut off at the same time and he started freaking out. He was poking the 2x2 wood framing with his horn over and over. I turned the room light on and he practically jumped to the branch and instantly curled his tail.:) That is when i started shutting one off before the other.

Same here with my lights. Gizmo always starts looking for his sleeping area as soon as his basking light goes off. By the time his UVB goes out, he's already settled in for the night.

I hadn't thought to do this with the lights. so, do you also stagger them when they come on in the morning? the uvb a little before the basking light?

I do just because it makes it more natural for them. I would hate it if i woke up with the sun shining me in the eyes every morning. :)

For me, in the morning the lights come on about 15 min apart from each other. This is because i want him to get up and warm before he gets misted.

What kind of timers are they? I have one timer, digital, that I use. it takes up the whole 2 wall jack, so I cant really have two of them, and it is unweildy to plug into a power strip.

Of course he gets adjusted to the time change. Cant just change it by an hour all of a sudden.

Also, i use the same bulky timers two of them on one cage. I like to buy the extension cords with the GFI built into them. These will give you enough space for your timers, if you were to get more. The GFI is just a precaution i like to take. If the auto mister or the lights were to short out for some reason they would turn off instead of burn up.

Back
Top Bottom