I hate lightbulbs question

KWALA

:mad: so I am trying to get my bulb so they are hot enough for a basking temp for my cham and it is very frustrating because I bought a basking bulb from petco 75 watts and it barely got me 75 fahrenheit and I bought a 100 watt housebulb from home depot and put it in and let it warm up, but still the same temperature. I know my thermometer is accurate because I've tested it but still to no avail can I get my ambient and basking temps high enough.

It's a probe right by the basking spot so whatever is on the basking spot is feeling what the probe is feeling

I don't trust thermometers for checking basking temps after getting my temp gun. One of the best investments I did. You can get a descent one for 30. But, yes it can be a pain in the butt getting temps right. Good luck.

Scott

If the probe is accurate then can you move the basking spot a little closer to the light? that will raise the temp of the basking spot... as far as the ambient temperature goes, the temp should be fine.

One of my greatest finds was a basking light fixture with a dimmer switch.... I think I got maybe 5 or 6 bulbs and was getting frustrated cause none of them would get warm enough. I ended up with my dimmer fixture with a 100 watt bulb, and I can turn it down or up according to the temperature in my house by using my temp gun to check it everyday, and I can maintain that 86-88 degree range easier.

Back
Top Bottom