I need answers please.

Fiona's Mom

Chameleon Enthusiast
Fiona is now 9 months old and had shown receptive colors for a little over 3 weeks. A little over a week ago she ate only 3 crickets and nothing since. Yesterday the receptive colors are gone and she is darker than usual...I'm assuming gravid. She has been pacing all over her cage but not interested in nesting box lately. This morning she has sit with her mouth wide open...not in her basking spot so I know she's not too warm. I covered the two exposed sides of her habitat to give her privacy. Timing seems off for eggs...has not been bred...don't feel eggs. Called her vet and I have to bring her in tomorrow as they give no info by phone. Any other suggestions...I'm really worried about not eating for so long.

I know we are both in the same boat right now. My girl isnt not eating but her appetite has gone down alot, she used to eat 10 crickets and/or 6 hornworms....now maybe 3 hornworms and/or 3 crickets if im lucky. My girl is doing the same exact thing. Im not sure if this will give you comfort but mine is doing the same. Notice i also made a thread lol.

I know we are both in the same boat right now. My girl isnt not eating but her appetite has gone down alot, she used to eat 10 crickets and/or 6 hornworms....now maybe 3 hornworms and/or 3 crickets if im lucky. My girl is doing the same exact thing. Im not sure if this will give you comfort but mine is doing the same. Notice i also made a thread lol.
I saw your thread and yes we are both in the midst of a nervous breakdown. My biggest worry is she has only eaten 3 crickets in over a week. I have offered discoid roaches also and she is not interested.

Someone else will have to chim in as far as how long they can go before its an issue. Ive seen people say a week, at any moment now im waiting for mine to not eat at all either.

Someone else will have to chim in as far as how long they can go before its an issue. Ive seen people say a week, at any moment now im waiting for mine to not eat at all either.
Good luck with yours. I hope we both survive this 1st clutch business. I love her to pieces but wish I would have done more homework...I would have gotten a male.

Good luck with yours. I hope we both survive this 1st clutch business. I love her to pieces but wish I would have done more homework...I would have gotten a male.

Its funny how we are honestly in the same boat. I also didnt do enough research, im half to blame. The pet guy told me it was a male cause i did enough research to know that a male would be a better first time experience since you dont have to worry about additional care. Then.....i learned how to tell the difference....and yeah.. lol

Its funny how we are honestly in the same boat. I also didnt do enough research, im half to blame. The pet guy told me it was a male cause i did enough research to know that a male would be a better first time experience since you dont have to worry about additional care. Then.....i learned how to tell the difference....and yeah.. lol
Not only are we going through the same but we're practically neighbors, I see you're from Louisiana and I'm from Florida.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom