They sometimes hiss at each other but other
Than that there fine
There exact age are different
I got one female that 6 months old
2 other females that are 4 months
And the male is 2-3 months
There hear lamp is a 100 watt zoo med blue daylight bulb
And for UVB I got a Zilla 24-Inch Desert 50 UVB T8 Fluorescent Bulb, 17-Watt
I new to this site hope I can't the help I looking for .
let me know if I'm doing it wrong. Thank you

I would not house them altogether. You are asking for trouble. They all need their individual cages. Not sure on the desert series bulb either. Most use the tropical 5.0's. What temp are you getting with 100 watt? That will give off a lot of heat and depending on circumstances, maybe too much.

Thanks for the ups..
Also only reason I got the desert seris is because they were sold out on the tropical ones
Also it's around 80-95 basking spot
I used to have a 150 watt but I removers it because it's was gettin too hot.
So I went with the 100 watt
I was planing on putting each one individual enclosures
But if I got to do it now I am.

I am so glad. Many people come on here housing chameleons together and when we tell them not to they shrug it off "cause all appears fine". They realyl are solitary creatures and you may be causing underlying stress to them that you will not see until your chameleons are actually sick. As far as the basking temp, that is quite a range 80-95. How can it vary so much?

I was going to say the same thing Carol. Glad you are moving them to separate cages, you won't regret doing so, they will live much happier and healthier lives that way.

Housing them togther is all right when there youngsters but as they get older its a REALLY bad idea . You might be able to get away with your females all in one cage togther if it is HUGE and has TONS of hideing and basking spots but males are certainly not communal and the best idea for all of them is to seperate them

Are you thinking about breeding them?

Oh and by the way come check out my thread In general discussion called where did you get that thanks :)

I have like a 60 watt daylight bulb on my 7 inch veil and he's fine

With chams it's more about moisture than heat

Although both are important it's really crucial to keep it nice and humid in there cage but at the same time while providing good air flow with a screen cage

It's because when everything gets misted ..
And yeah thanks for the advice
It should really help

Thanks for the advice it should really help me in th future ..
Also yes I was planing on breeding them.
And I was planing on removing them and putting all of them in a big custom walk-in cage where they'll all have enough room to roam ..
But I gues it'll be best to put them in separate cages..

Separate cages in which they CAN NOT see each other is a must in my opinion (at least after 4-5 months). When you house more then one Cham together that are of decent size (50-100g or bigger) you risk serve injuries since Chameleons are territorial by nature. I have heard reports of Chams having their legs broken from fights while being housed together. Also, the desert bulb was a HUGE problem back in 2007-2009 if I am remembering right. They were known to cause swelling in the eyes that would eventually lead to blindness and even death if left exposed to it. They have since reported changes made to these bulbs but even so, they are meant for desert reptiles like snakes and bearded dragons more so then Chams.

Back
Top Bottom