MBD Maybe.

HRAKLHS

Hi to all

i have a problem with my chameleon, since last week she is not eating she has started to fall down on the floor can't stand up her legs are too weak,is 3 years old
every time I feed her i give (REPTI CALCIUM) and once a week (REPTI CALCIUM+D3) also every 2 weeks i give 1 time (Reptive+d3)
i use (UVB EXO TERRA 26 WATT 5.0) & (BASKING SPOT DAYLIGHT 75 WATT) TERRARIUM exo terra (45x45x60)
2 months ago she laid Not fertilised eggs and look healthy and it was fine I don't know what went wrong Anyone who can help would appreciate it

Attachments

• kira.jpg
    kira.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    331.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    362.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
What methods of hydration are you using and schedule, she looks extremely dehydrated. I use Reptical without D3 every feeding and RepashyLoD twice a month for all my chameleons.

Attachments

• 20190420_160553.jpg
    20190420_160553.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 4
So are you using the coil UVB bulb that screws in like a regular bulb? This girl is sick. You can tell from the cheeks and eyes being so sunk in. You will see this in chams before they pass away.

Welcome to the forum!

What colour are her urates? Is she drinking?

How often does she lay eggs and how many does she lay each time? How many eggs did she lay this last time? I’m wondering if she has retained eggs.

What methods of hydration are you using and schedule, she looks extremely dehydrated. I use Reptical without D3 every feeding and RepashyLoD twice a month for all my chameleons.

I use hand spray twice a day also I have fogger for hydration ..

So are you using the coil UVB bulb that screws in like a regular bulb? This girl is sick. You can tell from the cheeks and eyes being so sunk in. You will see this in chams before they pass away.
yes i use coil UVB bulb that screws in like a regular bulb

Welcome to the forum!

What colour are her urates? Is she drinking?

How often does she lay eggs and how many does she lay each time? How many eggs did she lay this last time? I’m wondering if she has retained eggs.
Hi thanks, the urates is white she drink water everyday..she laid eggs once in the 3 years I've had her like 15 eggs

yes i use coil UVB bulb that screws in like a regular bulb
So the fact that she has been under this uvb for 3 years I do not feel is why she is doing so poorly now. It would contribute as far as not having the right UVI level to bask under and can cause MBD. They can develop weak bones without showing extreme deformity to the limbs.

However I think there is something additional here causing the extreme decline and body composition. Maybe a retained egg or a parasite load. I would get her into a very good reptile vet.

So the fact that she has been under this uvb for 3 years I do not feel is why she is doing so poorly now. It would contribute as far as not having the right UVI level to bask under and can cause MBD. They can develop weak bones without showing extreme deformity to the limbs.

However I think there is something additional here causing the extreme decline and body composition. Maybe a retained egg or a parasite load. I would get her into a very good reptile vet.
I put it under the UVB lamp she wasn't stuck there,im from greece and to find reptile vet here
it's a bit difficult because they don't exist :/ also you saying for parasites (and i see a lot of white marks on her body for a while now) store where I bought it told me is Papilloma virus

Attachments

• kira 3.jpg
    kira 3.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I put it under the UVB lamp she wasn't stuck there,im from greece and to find reptile vet here
it's a bit difficult because they don't exist :/ also you saying for parasites (and i see a lot of white marks on her body for a while now) store where I bought it told me is Papilloma virus
Then yes that could be part or the reason for decline. When I say parasites I am talking about something different. A fecal sample would have to be tested. Papilloma virus is something different and extremely contagious to other reptiles.

Then yes that could be part or the reason for decline. When I say parasites I am talking about something different. A fecal sample would have to be tested. Papilloma virus is something different and extremely contagious to other reptiles.
Thank you very much for the advice

do you have a solarmeter to be able to test for the proper UVI level?

Back
Top Bottom