I want to see chameleons

Salty

Does anyone know any panther breeders that live in Missouri??? I would really like to see some chams. Any info anyone may have reguarding where I can go to see chameleons in missouri would be awesome!

have you tried looking at kingsnake.com and faunaclassified.com?

If you haven't checked all the sponsors, I'd probably start there...sorry I don't know in specific

dont know of any in Missouri. but you can just buy a panther from a site sponsor and have it shipped to you.

I have checked all of the sponsor websites. I really want to go personally see some chams before I make a decision though. It may seem trivial to most members here but I have never been in the same room with a cham before. I want to see which kinds are friendly, see what they feal like, see what they smell like...... just want to meet some chameleons and become familiar with them a bit before I buy one.

smell like? haha im sorry thats just funny.
and i get that.. i bought my first cham in person, my second i had shipped from Cali, and my third was a rehomed from a member who shipped her from south North.
but you can have forum members who breed panthers send pics of babies... and... sadly when it comes ot panthers, or almost any species but veileds, most people have to get them shipped.

I'm hoping to find some reptile shows or something. I found one in St. Louis but I don't think it is untill march. Which is only a couple weeks away but I would like to find more than just one.

some shows dont have chams.. or have a small few. or they are in poor condition...
honestly, i would search the classifieds here.

what panther locale are you looking for?

Well I would like to see some panthers and Carpets.... most online stores want a ton of money if the father lookes good, and no guarantees as to how your 3 month old is going to turn out... I'm not a big fan of this system.

youre not going to get a guarentee on looks from anyone.

its all genetics.

3 month olds dont show enough color to really guess effectively on what adult colors will be,
not to mention, panthers grow for over 2 years, so their colors can change.

you can get a red bar ambilobe.. and he'll show red bars from 5 months old to 1.5 years old, then suddenly gets red bars.. or purple bars...
or yellow even...

That is what everyone says. I'm no doubt going to eventually try and breed what ever kind i wind up getting. It'll probably take that before I can grasp it. So I think for now I'm prob going to wind up taking in a full grown one that someone no longer wants or something.

That is what everyone says. I'm no doubt going to eventually try and breed what ever kind i wind up getting. It'll probably take that before I can grasp it. So I think for now I'm prob going to wind up taking in a full grown one that someone no longer wants or something.

good luck.. some people do rehome adults after they hav finished breeding him..
if you want an adult, go with the classified section here.. thats where you will find most adults to rehome.

I have checked all of the sponsor websites. I really want to go personally see some chams before I make a decision though. It may seem trivial to most members here but I have never been in the same room with a cham before. I want to see which kinds are friendly, see what they feal like, see what they smell like...... just want to meet some chameleons and become familiar with them a bit before I buy one.

Have you searched for any local reptile shops in your city. Like near me there is 2 local reptile shops and some random pet stores/fish stores that get them here and there. Then we have a 2 reptile shows that is a drive for us that come once a month. Just google reptile stores with your zip code and see what pops up. Then if you talk to a owner of a pet shop, they may know of breeders or be able to contact you when they get in. There really is no smell, and there texture is not slimy nor scally, kind of like of rough skin. An friendly can vary on any breed/locale and even differ from male to female. A lot may not even be friendly til they get used to you. Just depends. They are more afraid of us. Ours took time to not be afraid of us. He would fire up but not as much anymore.

If you do purchase from a pet store make sure to look at what forum members state on how to care for them. Alot of pet stores don't mist them, have the proper lighting, ect. So they can be in very bad shape. Some will even look almost like they are going to die which will break your heart when seeing them like that.

I know of a couple of pet stores in the area that will remain unnamed. I am not happy with their customer service, their attitude when something is wrong, nor the quality of other live things I have purchased from them. I did ask them if there were any breeders around they really had no intrest in helping me other than them getting one and me taking what ever they get.

I know of a couple of pet stores in the area that will remain unnamed. I am not happy with their customer service, their attitude when something is wrong, nor the quality of other live things I have purchased from them. I did ask them if there were any breeders around they really had no intrest in helping me other than them getting one and me taking what ever they get.

Alot of pet stores are like that which is unfortunate. What I hate the most is they do it just for money instead of the joy of it, so when u ask them care instructions they give all the wrong information. Even though the reptile store we go to does not take care of there reptiles llike they should, they at least are very friendly so we still at least buy our feeders from them. Luckily they sell most of their reptiles pretty quick so that hopely someone in a good home can care them back to health.

I find it hard to believe that there are no panther or carpet chameleon breeders in the entire state of Missouri. With all the members on here and everyone and their brother trying to breed them.. lol

I think part of my enjoyment from chams is watching them grow and go through all their color changes. I've been really lucky to get some real stunners from tiki tiki reptiles. Most breeders don't really invite people over to see their breeding facilities.

as funny as this statement may sound to those with experience, I am glad you are doing actual research before you buy one to make sure it is right for you.

a reptile show is likely your best bet

Back
Top Bottom