Ill chameleon

Spike01

I have a kinyonga boehmae who is about 5/6 month old. When we first got him we were told loads of wrong info off the pet shop and nearly cooked him. He was really ill so we took him to the vets and it was all down to the temperatures being way too high. Since joining the forum I have also found out his tank is not getting as much air flow as needed so have took the glass doors off. He seems to be getting darker in colour and not eating as much also seems less awake through the day. Can anyone give any advice. We have a few different reptiles but this is the first chameleon

In the Health clinic forum is a post on how to ask for help. It will give you a template to fill in about your Cham, his housing, and your current husbandry techniques. This information will allow other members to troubleshoot your particular situation and provide guidance. I'm not familiar with your specific Cham but I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback.

Good luck.

Here is the form https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/ and any pics of the enclosure and of your cham could be useful. It may show some things that may be off in his set up. I think another vet visit may be in order. It is not a good sign when they are sleeping during the day. I would suggest a fecal test to help rule out some things.

He got worse today his tongue got stuck out so rushed him to vets. He on antibiotics, pain killers and something to reduce swelling. They are keeping him in overnight. Will try work out how to get pics on

He got worse today his tongue got stuck out so rushed him to vets. He on antibiotics, pain killers and something to reduce swelling. They are keeping him in overnight. Will try work out how to get pics on

How terrible. I'm really sorry! I hope all goes well. I've never experienced this and I really don't know what to say and I don't want to give you any guesses because I don't want things to go wrong.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - kinyonga boehnei, male, roughly 6 months had him about 4
Handling - Couple times a week
Feeding - guy loaded crickets on a tea time about 4 crickets most days occasionally locusts
Supplements - Komodo calcium
Watering - waterfall in tank and misted?
Fecal description - black and white solid
History - We were given totally wrong info from the pet shop when got him originally but as we learning we trying to change it all.

Cage Info:
Cage wood with a glass front which we roved to increase ventilation. Numerous fake plants, logs and branches
Lighting - UVB light by reptiglow 5.0 kept on about 10 hours a day
Temperature - Basking spot 70 Fahrenheit and lowest 60
Humidity - 30%
Plants - no live plants
Placement - Tank is in the corner of the living room
Location - North east England

Current Problem - his tongue has now come out of his mouth and he can't get it back in

Back
Top Bottom