Internal Infection

Just talked with the vet. With him improving so much at home they want to continue the antibiotics, stop the other two meds and then have him come back next week for bloodwork to see how everything looks. He did poop yesterday so we are sending that sample in to be looked at.

An update! And I believe I now have my answers to why Treebeard has been declining. His last fecal I brought in to the vet came back positive for coccidia.

I know this is a nasty parasite but I must admit I feel a sense of relief knowing that I have an answer now and that it’s not crypto or entamoeba. He has been on quarantine protocols since he started to decline so I am hoping this did not spread to my other loves, however, because I have a microscope I can keep an eye on it and act quickly if needs be.

An update! And I believe I now have my answers to why Treebeard has been declining. His last fecal I brought in to the vet came back positive for coccidia.

I know this is a nasty parasite but I must admit I feel a sense of relief knowing that I have an answer now and that it’s not crypto or entamoeba. He has been on quarantine protocols since he started to decline so I am hoping this did not spread to my other loves, however, because I have a microscope I can keep an eye on it and act quickly if needs be.

I’m glad you finally found out what’s going on!

Back
Top Bottom