Introducing Buckminster Bobbins!

Lathis can you post a pic of his indoor enclosure I like to get some ideas should I build are just order custom one?

We have added a (not so) tiny new member to our family... Buckminster Bobbins! Bucky hatched last May, which makes him a Taurus - practical and good with money (haha). He's been with us for about a month and just starting to trust the hubby and me. His orange eyes are just so intense, and the blue is really starting to come through on his cheeks and shoulders especially. He's going to be a stunner.

Bucky is one of @Action Jackson 's CBB Parson's babies. Action Jackson has been so helpful with getting everything set up and offering advice - I can't thank AJ enough for how great he has been. If you follow (stalk) Primo Chameleons on FB, you can absolutely tell how much effort AJ puts into raising his chams - they are all absolutely beautiful. I'm really honored to have a cham from one of his lines.

Photo captions:
1. Practicing the tiny baby hadrosaur pose
2. This is his happy face
3. The time he was outrun by a snail...
4. Soaking up that last little bit
5. "Leaving me alone, I'm basking"
6. "What did I tell you about sticking that camera in my face?"

View attachment 155227 View attachment 155228 View attachment 155229 View attachment 155230
View attachment 155231 View attachment 155232
How cute!!! Congrats! I'd be proud of him too. He's so cute, looks pudgy

Lathis can you post a pic of his indoor enclosure I like to get some ideas should I build are just order custom one?

I custom built mine for my previous chameleon. If you are a just little bit handy and don't mind hard work, it is really fun. In a year or so, I might expand this one if Bucky needs more lateral space. I'm really proud of how it turned out.

The old post has some progress photos:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/thank-goodness-for-9-ft-ceilings.111618/

It isn't decorated exacted like this anymore since Bucky is so much heavier that my Jax was. When I get back to the house tonight, I'll snap some updated photos.

I'm going to get custom screen panels made this summer, so those will be very nice when they are in place.

My sleepy little guy is also peely and itchy. Poor, Bucks.
IMG_20160616_183101.jpg

Thanks!! I love him so much. He's only a baby but already so huge - 110g last week!

I would have loved to visit Craig's place to pick him up. Shipping made me nervous (plus we had to wait forever for the weather to cooperate), but Bucky took it all in total stride, chill and drinking right out of the box :)

I have a ridiculous amout of baby photos. I'll post some here, but you can also see a bunch on my Instagram @lathisthebludgeoner

This snail almost outran Bucky, too. Soooooo slow!

View attachment 155235
You feeding him snails? You getting them in your yard?

From today.

Chunkminster Bobbins absolutely RACED to the dubia cup as soon as I started dropping them in. I gave him all I had and then added superworms, but apparently he is in a dubia-only mood because he keeps giving me "the look" and hasn't touched his supers. :D

Luckily we have a store that sells dubia not too far from me.

IMG_20160709_113409.jpg

Back
Top Bottom