Introducing my new male Ambilobe panther

caietaro

My new male Ambilobe panther arrived last week from Canvas Chameleons; his sire is the one and only Bolt! I haven't thought of a name for this little guy yet but he's settling in really well and I wanted to introduce him to the forum :D.

He's about 4 months old and I can see some hints of yellow coming in and a tiny bit of red around his throat. I can't wait to see how his colors develop over the next several months! I got the Atrium cage from Dragon Strand and he seems happy with it so far.

He's eating well, including hand-feeding. Each morning so far I've offered him 2 or 3 crickets by hand and he takes them with gusto. The rest go in his feeding dish which he found on day 2. He's a smart little guy - whenever I go in to see him and feed him first thing in the morning he's already awake and sitting in front of the feeding dish waiting for breakfast! This morning I tried to hand feed him a small dubia and he ate it!

Here is a picture from when he first got here and went into his new home.

Attachments

• IMG_32562_zpsxd6xjlim.jpg
    IMG_32562_zpsxd6xjlim.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Awesome setup. I've been playing where's Waldo for about 5 mins and I can't find him in the cage pics. Lol
I bet he's going to be stunning as an adult. Bolt is a one of a kind for sure.

Awesome setup. I've been playing where's Waldo for about 5 mins and I can't find him in the cage pics. Lol

Lol sorry I should have mentioned, he's not actually in the cage in that photo! That was before I put him in :)

Back
Top Bottom