Introduction to the community

You said…” I put vermiculite in a container for the crickets to lay their eggs”…I have always used washed playsand as a substrate for crickets…but many things work.

You said…”As far as veggies? What would be out of the ordinary”…do you normally have in your fridge things like dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, etc that are good foods for crickets?

You said…” I put vermiculite in a container for the crickets to lay their eggs”…I have always used washed playsand as a substrate for crickets…but many things work.

You said…”As far as veggies? What would be out of the ordinary”…do you normally have in your fridge things like dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, etc that are good foods for crickets?
I don't have a substrate for the cricket container. I keep the container clean on the bottom and vacuum it out every other day or so. The vermiculite is in a small container inside the main cricket container for them to lay.

No, I do not carry those veggies in my refrigerator, but it appears I will have to make a trip to the store here. I've been primarily feeding carrots and sweet potatoes.

And yes, I'm breeding panther chameleons. Ambilobe. Working on my first clutch.

I meant to say that the sand was for the crickets to lay the eggs in.
Oh, I was going to give the vermiculite a try and see how they do with that. I have a little time for some trial and error. I'm assuming you have or raise crickets?

I’ve just started breeding my own crickets. My first batch is doing pretty well and is about 1/4” size and my second batch just started hatching today. I’m using little containers of moistened coco coir and have screened the lid so they won’t eat their eggs. I’ve been amazed by how the eggs are just packed in, almost solid in places beneath the surface. I’m hoping to have enough success that I won’t need to keep buying crickets.
IMG_6494.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom