is 60$ cheap for a male chameleon?

its a veiled. and i can ask but i dont think they will know.
I would go with a reputable breeder . Pay a little more and know the blood line . There's some really great keepers here that do there own paring , don't have lots of clutches . Did you talk with @Matt Vanilla Gorilla ? Or @alphakenc i believe breeds and has very similar Philosophy as @Matt Vanilla Gorilla . I'm getting a new baby from @Matt Vanilla Gorilla and he's amazing . We have a veiled female , new baby is going to be a baby boy panther . We are just about all set and now just waiting for good shipping dates . You might have more vet bills with a veiled that maybe came from a pet store . I'm not pushing you in any Direction . Just hope you and your new baby have a long happy healthy life together :love:.

If it on craigslist or something? Almost all those chameleons are from petco etc. and have some sort problem. Trust me it's where I do regular rescues. Unless you go see them in person, I wouldn't get him. I honestly would buy from a breeder. I don't condone buying anything unless it is a breeder baby. But I love the idea of rescuing, as long as you realize most people who sell veileds on craigslist and are not under a breeder name are selling chameleons with likely bad genetics or some sort of illness. I agree there is no point to spending less start up cost on purpose only to spend more on vet bills if you aren't prepared or don't want to. Rescue work is pretty much thankless work unless you are like me. You don't make money doing, you lose hundreds and thousands doing it, and a lot of the time the chameleon or whatever other animal hates you in the beginning.

If it on craigslist or something? Almost all those chameleons are from petco etc. and have some sort problem. Trust me it's where I do regular rescues. Unless you go see them in person, I wouldn't get him. I honestly would buy from a breeder. I don't condone buying anything unless it is a breeder baby. But I love the idea of rescuing, as long as you realize most people who sell veileds on craigslist and are not under a breeder name are selling chameleons with likely bad genetics or some sort of illness. I agree there is no point to spending less start up cost on purpose only to spend more on vet bills if you aren't prepared or don't want to. Rescue work is pretty much thankless work unless you are like me. You don't make money doing, you lose hundreds and thousands doing it, and a lot of the time the chameleon or whatever other animal hates you in the beginning.
Your an angel !!. That's awesome you can do this work . Along with others all you amazing keepers !!. As soon as we get a house we are planning to start rescuing . I'm new to chamealon Frances is our first . There's such a need for more p to take there's poor baby in . So many get way over there heads don't research the care needed . Even if the rescue does not recover I know while in our care there was 100% care given !!.

i found a baby cham for 60. Is that a good price?
There's a lot more to know about this cham than the price. Who is the seller? Reputation? Any information on the parents? Ask them about husbandry...their answers may tell you a lot about how healthy the little thing is. How old is it? A "baby" or hatchling that is under 2 months old can be a lot more difficult to raise than a juvenile of 3-4 months old. A 3-4 month old juvenile from a selective breeder can be a much better deal at $60 than one from an unknown mass-produced wholesale cham at a pet shop.

I bought my female veild at pet smart for 60$. She was labeled male so she would be more likely to sell and in horrible condishion. I did not know at the time she was female, dehydrated, and so underfed she was half an inch to thin, I had not seen a young veild in person before and was lucky she was not sick or already too close to death. Don't buy that chameleon, the chances it is sick and my not live to arrive at your house are to high.

Honestly 60 dollars is relatively cheap, but it also depends on whatever else you are getting with that chameleon. Such as possible or already occuring health problems. Which is why breeders are safer.

that is true. I have 30 days to notice any issues. What should i be looking for? i rescued him from petsmart. They had him in a terrible habitat. Super small, water dish only, and sand and coconut husk mix. I could not just walk past him. I found out there was one for 60 there and that was why i was asking and i was planning on spending the 130 on one online but i went to look at him and i felt so bad. I understand the risks and i will take very good care of him.

okay i took very good care of her. Lizzy passing was not my fault and i did everything to save her. The reason i did not have money was because my dad just lost his job and we had no money and the furnace went out and i was spending MY money on repairing it. History will not repeat itself. Thanks.

okay i took very good care of her. Lizzy passing was not my fault and i did everything to save her. The reason i did not have money was because my dad just lost his job and we had no money and the furnace went out and i was spending MY money on repairing it. History will not repeat itself. Thanks.
All I meant is a good prevention for helping u before getting ur new cham since u alrady made ur mind before I can suggest u not getting any cham at this moment especially u just had one pass away due to ur friend mistake while u were away,and if ur father lost his job,this is not going to be a perfect time to get ur new veiled since u will need money to feed n properly taking care of the baby cham,and thats why I wrote
now its matter of the proper care info regarding this new veiled baby by sharing our knowledge with the OP,before history repeat in itself.
I like to think ahead before planning my next move in my opinion.

that is true. I have 30 days to notice any issues. What should i be looking for? i rescued him from petsmart. They had him in a terrible habitat. Super small, water dish only, and sand and coconut husk mix. I could not just walk past him. I found out there was one for 60 there and that was why i was asking and i was planning on spending the 130 on one online but i went to look at him and i felt so bad. I understand the risks and i will take very good care of him.
When u feel bad and getting this cham in the petstore,u are just another person that what the pet stores wants....impulse buyer,they want u to feel bad so they can push out another veiled to people like u,and once u walk out with ur new veiled baby,another one will be put in that
"Super small, water dish only, and sand and coconut husk mix "same tiny glass tank for another person walk by and purchase it again.
Now this is what I meant by history repeat in itself,and I have seen way too many post in this forum with the similar story like this,and my answer is going to be always the same with whoever post their pet store story.
But for this new veiled baby sake,hopefully everything is going to be good ,just because I prefer read a happy ending story rather than another problem later on ,we cant turn back the time but we can always plan to be better in the future coming.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom