Is he going to make it?

View attachment 190705
OK Janet, normally I wouldn't post a picture that wasn't more aesthetically pleasing. His normal colors are still intense. But the lighting in the cham room isn't optimal. I find the best lighting is in the late afternoon when the fog comes in and diffuses the light. Second pic is outdoors through the screen but the sun is out and washes out color. Pics are backwards, first is outside in the sun , second is in the cham roomView attachment 190703

Thanks Bob. Will he still be that intense a color when he is an adult and going through that duller period when they are not in breeding condition?

I absolutely understand your not wanting to post a picture of him at his best--that's why I mentioned you pm'ing a picture. :rolleyes: I have a very old quad male I would love to post pictures of because he has such a fantastic sail fin. But.....he is not a "nice" color, has all kinds of injuries to his face, plus has a very prominent brow ridge so his eyes look sunken at the best of times and then he pulls them in when I so much as look at him. He was pretty old at import almost three years ago. He's a December 2014 import.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. Will he still be that intense a color when he is an adult and going through that duller period when they are not in breeding condition?
I'm pretty sure you answered your own question. All my males go through a dull non-breeding period, strangely they don't all do it at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom