Is it possible to go through 1000 crickets in a month with one chameleon?

First of all I just want to say I don't heat my crickets at all and I have no die off. I don't breed them, just order them often, but I do have them long enough to see them obviously thriving and growing.

And yes if you don't feed them enough they absolutely feed on eachother and leave hardly a trace. I keep them in large tubs, too slick too climb (you have to pick very smooth tubs), with no top at all. If you get different brand tubs you can stack them and still have enough ventilation. I don't use a water source, just greens and carrots( take caution for vitamin a sensitive species) for moisture, and bug burger or gut load made by mike novy at rainforest junkies. I have no die off with this method. And they happily keep me up all night!:mad: lol

Just found about 5 recently dead crickets. Wish I knew why they died. Could a poop infested paper towel roll cause deaths?? The roll that held a lot of them
Has poop covered on the inside. Should I be replacing these often?

A few dead is still fine. You should be worried if you start to clear 10-20 mushy ones every day. I doubt its the paper towel roll, I change mine about once a month.

Just found about 5 recently dead crickets. Wish I knew why they died. Could a poop infested paper towel roll cause deaths?? The roll that held a lot of them
Has poop covered on the inside. Should I be replacing these often?

My family keeps nagging at me for the amazon night symphony with the chirping. What I do now is to feed all the males first.

First of all I just want to say I don't heat my crickets at all and I have no die off. I don't breed them, just order them often, but I do have them long enough to see them obviously thriving and growing.

And yes if you don't feed them enough they absolutely feed on eachother and leave hardly a trace. I keep them in large tubs, too slick too climb (you have to pick very smooth tubs), with no top at all. If you get different brand tubs you can stack them and still have enough ventilation. I don't use a water source, just greens and carrots( take caution for vitamin a sensitive species) for moisture, and bug burger or gut load made by mike novy at rainforest junkies. I have no die off with this method. And they happily keep me up all night!:mad: lol

A few dead is still fine. You should be worried if you start to clear 10-20 mushy ones every day. I doubt its the paper towel roll, I change mine about once a month.

Well this is 5 dead crickets out of like 40 left total. :eek: I have 1000 more coming in tomorrow though.

Back
Top Bottom