Is my cage set up appropriate for a 5 month old panther?

noahmeno

After the sad and abrupt death of my last chameleon George, I've decided to splurge and invest most of my next paycheck on a new cb male panther which I will be naming Vander. I really want this guy to live a long, happy, and full life in which all his needs are met. For now I have the zoo med reptibreeze in medium with a double deep dome which has a 60 watt house bulb and also a UVB Bulb. In his cage I have a reptifogger, a medium sized Dracaena, a small vine, a small piece of driftwood and also the standard hygrometer and electric thermometer. Above his cage I have a hanging pothos aswell as a recently propagated pothos in a small glass bottle. The cage is sitting infront of a decent sized window. I also have 5 small airplants near the bottom of the cage. I'll put some photos of my set up below. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

Today I am also going to be going to the pet store and buying some more vines. After that I am going to try to get another plant for the inside of the cage (maybe a hibiscus) and some large river rocks to cover the plant dirt.

After the sad and abrupt death of my last chameleon George, I've decided to splurge and invest most of my next paycheck on a new cb male panther which I will be naming Vander. I really want this guy to live a long, happy, and full life in which all his needs are met. For now I have the zoo med reptibreeze in medium with a double deep dome which has a 60 watt house bulb and also a UVB Bulb. In his cage I have a reptifogger, a medium sized Dracaena, a small vine, a small piece of driftwood and also the standard hygrometer and electric thermometer. Above his cage I have a hanging pothos aswell as a recently propagated pothos in a small glass bottle. The cage is sitting infront of a decent sized window. I also have 5 small airplants near the bottom of the cage. I'll put some photos of my set up below. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
View attachment 111028

View attachment 111029

Your set up looks really good but I'm wondering what the white cord is that is wrapped around that branch?

Your set up looks really good but I'm wondering what the white cord is that is wrapped around that branch?

Its the electric thermometer for the ambient heat (sadly i didn't get to pick the color of the cord), I also have another one in the back for the basking spot IMG_0799.jpg

I would add a couple more vines, otherwise it looks good, though what is that blue orb? I am not sure if the reflections off of it would cause him to shoot at it and possibly injure his tongue?

I am glad you are getting a new one, and a CBB one at that. Panthers are some of the best species to start out with so hopefully you will be happy with your purchase and bringing your new baby into your life.

I would add a couple more vines, otherwise it looks good, though what is that blue orb? I am not sure if the reflections off of it would cause him to shoot at it and possibly injure his tongue?

I am glad you are getting a new one, and a CBB one at that. Panthers are some of the best species to start out with so hopefully you will be happy with your purchase and bringing your new baby into your life.

It's one of those aqua globes that water your plants for you (I have such a black thumb), I'm so dang excited.

As long as it doesn't reflect much it doesn't matter, just watch him when he first comes in contact with it maybe? see how he reacts to it and you can gauge if it will be a problem.

As long as it doesn't reflect much it doesn't matter, just watch him when he first comes in contact with it maybe? see how he reacts to it and you can gauge if it will be a problem.
I'd definitely rather be safe than sorry so when I get him I will keep a good eye on him and see how he reacts. I'd rather loose the aqua globe than the cham

Back
Top Bottom