Is my chameleon sick

Hsandovaljr

Established Member
So my veil chameleon eats really good and is really active. Also his poop looks normal. But his color is what worries me.

Attachments

• IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 105
Welcome to the forums. Your veiled is a little cutie. I keep veileds and love working with them. Does your little guy have bumps on the heels of both back feed? If not then you have a female. I wouldn't worry to much about the color. Mine usually go through a brown stage when young. Just to be on the safe side if you will answer all of these questions in the link below we can see if there's anything you need to change to keep him/her healthy. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

My chameleon is a boy. He eats 3 hornworms and 10 crickets a day I dust the crickets every time with calcium with D3. I have a dripper going all day and humidifier that turns on 3 times a day for 10 minutes. I also spray the cage with a spry bottle.

I have screen cage that is 16x16x20. And a uvb 5.0 ZOO med repti sun bulb 13 watt and ZOO med 60 watt daylight bulb.

I was told to do calcium with D3 every feeding and multivitamin once a week.

Attachments

• IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 68
Welcome to the forums
D3 should only be given 2 times a month, plain calcium at every feeding, multivitamin 2 times a month.
Veileds tend to be a little brown until they get a lot older, some veileds actually stay on the brownish side. They can very from muddy browns, olive greens, bright greens, blue green and yellow all in one day! Good luck man and you joined the right place for advice

I was told to do calcium with D3 every feeding and multivitamin once a week.
Your on the right track but often the advice the seller gives is wrong you will want to dust feeders with calcium with out d3 every day and with d3 2 times a month also a multivitamin 2x a month you have to be very careful of over supplementing as it can lead to health issues as far as his/her color goes you have nothing to worry about

Your on the right track but often the advice the seller gives is wrong you will want to dust feeders with calcium with out d3 every day and with d3 2 times a month also a multivitamin 2x a month you have to be very careful of over supplementing as it can lead to health issues as far as his/her color goes you have nothing to worry about
Does it matter that my chameleon is indoors ?

My veil chameleon is a baby does that matter

Not in terms of the supplements calcium every day vitamins a few times a month, a couple things about babies dont give him too large of food, or keep his basking spot too hot needs to be less than 85 for a young one or they can burn their casque. Feed him well why he is growing basically whatever he is making disappear you dont want many feeders hopping around on him while he sleeps at night. Also try to vary his diet banded crickets, silkworms, dubai roachs, superworms, flies, & hornworms are just a few available options.

Not in terms of the supplements calcium every day vitamins a few times a month, a couple things about babies dont give him too large of food, or keep his basking spot too hot needs to be less than 85 for a young one or they can burn their casque. Feed him well why he is growing basically whatever he is making disappear you dont want many feeders hopping around on him while he sleeps at night. Also try to vary his diet banded crickets, silkworms, dubai roachs, superworms, flies, & hornworms are just a few available options.
I agree with all this also if you have any other questions after reading the Care sheet feel free to ask(y)

Back
Top Bottom