Is she a female?

BleuSaphir

Chameleon Enthusiast
IMG_8739.jpeg
IMG_8740.jpeg
IMG_8742.jpeg
IMG_8744.jpeg
IMG_8741.jpeg
I saw this veiled chameleon available today. Poor thing is in that dreadful tiny enclosure. šŸ˜¢
Is this a female?

From what I can see in the first image this would be a female. Absolutely no spur.
Not to contradict this but do these look like itty bitty spurs šŸ¤”
IMG_5671.jpeg

I feeeeel like I can see some small one smushed against the leg with how their standing. I think Iā€™m putting my wager on male :)

Do you know how old he/she is? I think it is a female, just judging by the size of the Casque. She might also be egg-bound since she has a bit of a belly, but it's hard to tell. Hopefully, she will get a bigger enclosure soon!!

I believe I am seeing tarsal spurs on the back feet! Itā€™s a boy so he must be around 4 or 5 months Iā€™m guessing? šŸ¤” @Ghostbirb had a good eye to spot that! I see that he also has a red lightā€¦ somebody needs savingā€¦ I think I know someoneā€¦ how about @BleuSaphir ? Hint hint wink wink šŸ˜‰
I rarely go to Pet stores because I wanna save them all.šŸ«£

FYI - THE Petsmart in my area only sells females. Its a Petsmart policy. I see a tiny spur but I would ask the Manager. Petco and Pet Supplies Plus sells male and female.
I would believe to be mostly true. I seen a lot of females offered in Petsmart.
Expect this one.
IMG_7524.jpeg

This one I think a male? It was sold sometime last year I took it.
I rarely go to Pet stores because I wanna save them all.šŸ«£

We all go to just ā€œlookā€ and then a while later look what I saved from the pet store today! We just canā€™t resist! šŸ¤£
I go in to buy crickets for the geckos. And sometimes to replenish guppies. But I feel sorry for chameleons in Petsmart. They are stuck in the tiny cages.

I believe I am seeing tarsal spurs on the back feet! Itā€™s a boy so he must be around 4 or 5 months Iā€™m guessing? šŸ¤” @Ghostbirb had a good eye to spot that! I see that he also has a red lightā€¦ somebody needs savingā€¦ I think I know someoneā€¦ how about @BleuSaphir ? Hint hint wink wink šŸ˜‰
Wahooooooo a boy XD

Back
Top Bottom