Is this a good gutload product?

Andrew27

I was out today and found a gutload product and it seemed better than that Fluker's gutload crap because it had spirulina, brewers yeast and kelp which I heard were good. I realize it has corn, but bug burger by repashy also has corn and it is a good gutload. I was just wondering if this is a good product. Here are the ingredients written on the container:

"corn, wheat midlings, soybean meal, flour, meat meal, rice bran, canola meal, feather meal, dicalcium phosphate, animal fat preserved with ethoxyquin, calcium lactate, calcium carbonate, brewer's yeast, spirulina, lysine, magnesium, potassium sulfate, salt, DL-methonine, choline chloride, pyroxide hydrochloride, niacin supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, vitamin E supplement, folic acid, vitamin A supplement, menadone dimethylprindonal bisulfate (source of vitamin K), vitamin D-3 supplement, vitamin B-3 supplement, manganous oxide, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium seinete"

Hi! It has meat meal and animal fat in it so I wouldn't use it personally. Animal proteins can be harmful to insectivores so I would say no.

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me. Just curious, dont insects have protein in them anyway? How so is animal protein bad for chameleons?

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me. Just curious, dont insects have protein in them anyway? How so is animal protein bad for chameleons?

I have some good homemade gutload and some King Kricket Feast gutload anyway, I just bought it to see what it would do do the insects....looks like I am gonna return it anyway haha

Animal matter is different from insect matter and insectivores have a different metabolism and digestive system to carnivores so they are not designed to break down animal fat and proteins. I read it on here when someone was asking about feeding pinky mice to thier Cham. I'm no expert at all, just repeating what I read :) if you have homemade gutload then you're all good!

Back
Top Bottom