Is This a Good Setup for my Jacksons Chameleon?

Please leave feedback!

Attachments

• DSC_0125.JPG
    DSC_0125.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC_0124.jpg
    DSC_0124.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_0123.jpg
    DSC_0123.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 159
Not bad at all. I would add a couple more vines with leaves and maybe another small plant on the bottom and you will be good to go. Is that a floresant UVB bulb? He should really have a tubular one. They had issues with those kind of bulbs harming reptiles. Their eyes for the most part. He also needs a basking bulb too. Any ballisk will do and any normal house bulbs should do. Try starting out at 40w and work your way up to achieve greater temps. Humidity for Jackson's needs to be pretty high 50-80% with time in between mistings to dry out a little bit. What kind of supplement is in the blue bottle? I can't tell from the photo. He will need plain calcium no d3 2-3 times a week. And I use reptivite multi vitimains with d3 1 time a month. Or you can use calcium with d once a month and multivitamin once a month. Feel free to ask any more questions you need too! There will be some here who can help out :)

Not bad at all. I would add a couple more vines with leaves and maybe another small plant on the bottom and you will be good to go. Is that a floresant UVB bulb? He should really have a tubular one. They had issues with those kind of bulbs harming reptiles. Their eyes for the most part. He also needs a basking bulb too. Any ballisk will do and any normal house bulbs should do. Try starting out at 40w and work your way up to achieve greater temps. Humidity for Jackson's needs to be pretty high 50-80% with time in between mistings to dry out a little bit. What kind of supplement is in the blue bottle? I can't tell from the photo. He will need plain calcium no d3 2-3 times a week. And I use reptivite multi vitimains with d3 1 time a month. Or you can use calcium with d once a month and multivitamin once a month. Feel free to ask any more questions you need too! There will be some here who can help out :)

Thank you!

The Cage

The enclosure is nice and big. A good amount of space for a chameleon that large. I would suggest maybe one or two more branches so it can climb a little more. It looks nice!:)

I purchased my Jackson from someone on CraigsList and she came with the bulb UVB light instead of the tubular light. I did a lot of research on the bulbs and from what I found they have corrected the issues that hurt their eyes. I believe the tubular light is better in terms of coverage, but I don't think the bulb version is dangerous.

If anyone has found anything that says they haven't correct the issues with the bulbs please share.

Im not saying they didnt fix the issues, but ask around on here and tubular lights are really the way to go. They do have more coverage and can reach up to 20" in tge enclosure. Ive used the floresent lights before and they do work I just dont want to take any unnessary risks.

Nice! I should have recommended a bulb to you before you went out and bought one. Sorry, the reptisun 10.0 is the number 1 reccomeded but any tubular light should do. Be sure to replace them every 6 months to ensure they are putting off sufficient amounts of UVB. Your doin good so far good job! Another thing to think about for your Jackson's would be to put shower curtains on 2 or 3 of the sides. It does cut down a little bit on the air flow but it raises humidity real well. If you can find a nice jungle shower curtain it would most likely make the cage look better as well!

Nice! I should have recommended a bulb to you before you went out and bought one. Sorry, the reptisun 10.0 is the number 1 reccomeded but any tubular light should do. Be sure to replace them every 6 months to ensure they are putting off sufficient amounts of UVB. Your doin good so far good job! Another thing to think about for your Jackson's would be to put shower curtains on 2 or 3 of the sides. It does cut down a little bit on the air flow but it raises humidity real well. If you can find a nice jungle shower curtain it would most likely make the cage look better as well!
I could have sworn that 10.0 is to intense (in terms).

Back
Top Bottom