Is this poisonous???

Kushcham

Established Member
Hopefully a bug expert can tell ke if this spider is poisonous and how it possibly got here. I keep my crickets separated by size...each in their own 27 gallon bin with locking lids and screened cutout on top. The screens are secured with hot glue with absolutely no access in or out. Onpy time the lid is off is when im changing food/water or feeding. I get my crickets shipped from a cricket farm 1000 at a time. Could this have been shipped with them? I hate spiders and gotta find out how it got here and if its poisonous.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348088573833.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348088573833.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 274
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348088596032.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348088596032.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 195
Seems to look like brown recluse spider. Which is poisonous. I am not 100% sure if it is or not. And yes sometimes I get spiders in the shipments of crickets as well. But look at this site and tell me it doesn't look like the brown recluse spider?

http://shaddie.hubpages.com/hub/The-Glade

Oh my God, I had the same experience with a box of 500 crickets, I dumped the crickets into the container and within a few minutes there was a huge spider that looked exactly like that one on the edge of the bin. It freaked me out, and it definitely came with the crickets, I'm sticking to buying from petsmart every few days I don't want to have to deal with spiders.

Well it was a good week after I received the crickets that I finally spotted him. That surprised me because I take out the bin everyday to feed and also switch out for fresh fruit/veggie. When I opened thr bin it was towards the top and the side of the bin. The craziest thing was earlier that same day I was watching THE DOCTORS and the episode was about the dangers of your closet. Focusing around mold and bugs....brown recluse spiders in particular. So I was all creeped out. This might be a dumb question but do I need to get rid of these crickets and get a new batch? I dont want to transfer any possible toxins to my chams. Also I will look up pics of a brown recluse just to be sure.

After looking it up I am not sure that it is a brown recluse. mine had a larger sized abdomen and also mine had a design looking thing on the abdomen also.

After looking it up I am not sure that it is a brown recluse. mine had a larger sized abdomen and also mine had a design looking thing on the abdomen also.

I don't care what kind of spider it was they are just to creepy to have to deal with and or risk that it gets loose inside my home.

Spiders came in my shipment of crickets before and mine kinda looked like yours. If you don't ming me asking, where did you order your crickets??

That's what I was looking at on the recluse. The design on the abdomen. But look at the two pics carefully. The Color on your design is slightly enhanced with a Lighter brown and is more visible.... But the pic I sent you, it kind of looks like the same design but is less visible that almost blends in with the abdomen

Yeah the link you sent looks pretty similar. My only guess is that it had to have come with the shipment because I have locking lids and they are never off long. I have never seen any spiders in my apt either. I met some guy on craigslist who has a friend in like Nebraska or something that ships them to him and then I meet up. So are the crickets I have in that bin still ok to feed off?

I've gotten a few house spiders in my cricket shipments as well. But small regular spiders! I hate that! Hate spiders lol. But I'd send a message to the people where you got the shipment from and tell them to send you another box. That their box contained spiders. See what they say....or just use the crickets. Spiders bites are what's poisonous. Not their skin. So I think it would be okay to feed them the crix .

Maybe it's a male black widow. I have a lot around my house and garage and it looks like that. But the design on the body, makes me unsure.

Back
Top Bottom