Is this UVB too short for 2 carpet chams?

lurker9090

Established Member
Just bought a UVB for my future baby carpet chams.
I bought it thinking it would be aslong as the dimensions given, but I didn't know the inside sides would be hollow like that. Would this be okay?
Or should I re-asses?

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 1.20.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 1.20.51 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 1.20.58 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 1.20.58 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
I think perhaps return that light and get one which will cover the entire width. Just curious what brand that is. I think it says lucky herp…yes? I do want to caution about using anything other than Arcadia and ReptiSun, unless you have a solarmeter to determine true uvb strength and output. Out of curiousity, I tried one of the better alternative brands (ReptiZoo) and its uvb output was very disappointing. The fixture seems fine, but the bulb is seriously lacking.

Just bought a UVB for my future baby carpet chams.
I bought it thinking it would be aslong as the dimensions given, but I didn't know the inside sides would be hollow like that. Would this be okay?
Or should I re-asses?

View attachment 355733
View attachment 355734
Hi there. Could you give a little more details about the type of bulb it is. T5 are best for uvb b but you also what a bright day light for uva. Personally I'm using a 22" Arcadia t5 6.0 lamp split over 2 enclosures. So there's about 10" of uvb over each enclosure. Solarmeter is a worthy tool to have to measure the uvb at rhe basking spot.

I think perhaps return that light and get one which will cover the entire width. Just curious what brand that is. I think it says lucky herp…yes? I do want to caution about using anything other than Arcadia and ReptiSun, unless you have a solarmeter to determine true uvb strength and output. Out of curiousity, I tried one of the better alternative brands (ReptiZoo) and its uvb output was very disappointing. The fixture seems fine, but the bulb is seriously lacking.
Its actually a reptisun! I was so suprised the sides were like that. "

Reptisun T5 Hood with 5.0 UV-B Bulb 36"​

Hi there. Could you give a little more details about the type of bulb it is. T5 are best for uvb b but you also what a bright day light for uva. Personally I'm using a 22" Arcadia t5 6.0 lamp split over 2 enclosures. So there's about 10" of uvb over each enclosure. Solarmeter is a worthy tool to have to measure the uvb at rhe basking spot.
Its a reptisun t5 hood with a 5.0 uvb 36 inch.
EDIT: i just checked amazon where I bought it. I bought a 36 inch. I just measured and the WHOLE hood is only 30 inch. SO now im worried Ive been scammed.

EDIT: i just checked amazon where I bought it. I bought a 36 inch. I just measured and the WHOLE hood is only 30 inch. SO now im worried Ive been scammed.

Back
Top Bottom