Is this viv suitable for any cham species?

Hi welcome to the forum. I would say ok for baby but way too small for an adult. They need hight. At least 4ft. No subsrate. And lots of live plants to hide in. You need lots of foliage for a Cham for humidity and to collect droplets from misting. What were you thinking of getting? There are some excellent care sheets on here.:)

I agree with Kate, maybe a baby. You could also look into the Pygmy Species (the only breed that it is acceptable to keep in a glass terrarium/viv also the only breed that you can have substrate with that doesn't cause health problems if properly taken care of). They are pretty cheap and from what I have heard they are not any harder to take care of than any other chameleon species. Make sure they you clean it frequently and it might help of you put a drainage layer on the bottom of it.

Hello peeps, thanks for the advice. I don't really know anything about chameleons as iv'e never kept them before so didn't have any species in mind when i asked. I guess Jackson's chameleon or false chameleon would be my choice, was kinda hoping for a yemen but knew it would be a longshot in a viv this size and low ventilation.

yeah, with those species, they really need to be in a screen cage (unless 4 months or younger). It is best to do as much research on the proper care for a chameleon is you have never had one before. They need a lot of special care but once you get it down its pretty easy. Jacksons are a montaine species (meaning they live in mountains) so they need more humidity than the average chameleon. All chameleons need a couple spikes of high humidity throughout the day. Most people either handmist or use a misting system, such as the Monsoon or a mist king. Also chameleons can't see standing water so the misting is a source of hydration as well as maintaining the humidity.

Pygmy chameleons would be best they are just as interesting as any other chams and with a tank that big you can have more than one cham, something you cant do with any other species.

i have a 7 month old panther and he is in a wooden viv with a mesh front and one side the rest is wood, with live plants and plastic (live plants are much better), you would need more plants in there for your new little addition to hide in ficus plants are good and umbrella plants. i propley havent helped lol.

my little dude is my first chameleon to, and i have learnt so much of this site from so many diffrent people it is amazing :)

good luck with what ever species u decide to get xx

Thanks for the advice guys/gals, was worried i might get instantly abused for asking about a glass viv lol.

Anyone have any experience with Kinyongia boehmei? Someone on another forum is selling a male and i'd love to have one.

No, I haven't. Just panthers and Jacksons. But, you can use the search option and see who has posted threads about them. There is so much info just by doing old searches for things.

Back
Top Bottom