Jackson Horn Growth

Hey guys..this site has been a godsend to my chameleon and I, so much helpful info..now I just have a question lol

Do jacksons horns grow at the same rate? I've had my little guy for a few weeks now and have noticed that his middle and 1 eye horn are growing slowly, while his other eye horn is nowhere to be found..

When I first got him..about a month ago..his visible 'eye horn' (I know there's a proper term for this sorry lol) was just breaking through..now about 4 weeks later he's gone through his first shed..that same eye horn has been coming out more significantly while the 3rd eye horn can't even be seen breaking out. Not sure if this is common.

The first picture is one of the very first pics I have of him when he got home...the second and third are about halfway through when he started shedding, and the fourth pic is today. Thanks all!!

Edit: Words
Your jackson is most certainly a female. I have both male and female. I got them both as hatchlings. The female started out with a solo horn, eventually it fell off. You can clearly see the difference between the two.

Attachments

• 20170719_192229.jpg
    20170719_192229.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 20170719_192259.jpg
    20170719_192259.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 123
Hello,

Did you ever find out if the cham was a male or female?

Thanks!!

This thread is over a year old and the OP hasn't been active on the forums in well over a year either. I don't think you will get a response. If you have a question of your own, it would be better to make your own thread rather than dig up a long-dead one from the past (y)

Back
Top Bottom