Just built our first cham home!

mimisaurus

We're so excited to have started setting up our first enclosure! I think we hit all the key aspects. Right now the temp and humidity are stabilizing around 80deg and 56% humidity. The cage is 18x18x36. Below are the stages we built them in. :)

Attachments

• IMAG0111.jpg
    IMAG0111.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMAG0112.jpg
    IMAG0112.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 147
  • IMAG0113.jpg
    IMAG0113.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 166
  • IMAG0114.jpg
    IMAG0114.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 155
that looks cool! He will have lots of places to hide! Do you have a uvb light?? maybe a few more branches higher up too would be good

I like it. It looks nice.
Id place a branch nearer the basking area, angled down towards the center of the cage, coming from the corner.
Good job.;)

looks good. gonna be a pain to find him every day hahah Carol and Snake are right, branches higher up are definitely needed. Even moving that fake vine poking out on the bottom right being moved to the top would work fine!

yea, i was just afraid he might get burned if i put the vines and branches higher. (this is why im glad i found this forum so i can know what works best)

yea, i was just afraid he might get burned if i put the vines and branches higher. (this is why im glad i found this forum so i can know what works best)

He will need to be closer to a bulb for basking.
Go get a digital temp/humidity gauge, it will make your life easy, and those analogs are inacurate.
He could climb the screen anyhow and get as close to it as he wants.
Just find a bulb(60-75watts is a good starting point) that gives off the right amount of heat. That will all depend on the type of cham though.
I put a branch/vine coming from the corner, towards the center of the cage, so the cham can go up or down it to adjust how much heat they want.

we are getting a 2-3 month old, what temp do they bask in? I thought i read something around 85deg. I do have a digital, the analog is kinda there as a back up idk lol. When i used the digital to check the temp in the basking area it was 90

we are purchasing a 2-3 month old, from newton's line on FLcham. What temp do the baby chams usually bask in? I thought i read something between 85-90. Also, I do have a digital temp/humidity. When i placed it in the basking area the temp hit 92.

we are getting a 2-3 month old, what temp do they bask in? I thought i read something around 85deg. I do have a digital, the analog is kinda there as a back up idk lol. When i used the digital to check the temp in the basking area it was 90

Oh, good deal!:p
Sorry, I missed where you said veiled:eek:
I have no experience with them, but I hear there basicaly the same as panthers.
I keep my basking at 85-95F.
I believe most people try to keep it at 80-85ish for one that young.
I disagree with keeping it lower for them, as long as they have areas of shade, and less heat.

Back
Top Bottom