Just weighed my ~5 month old male Panther for the 1st time...

ahh wow that sounds good to me, my female pantha at 10 months weighed in at 60g but dropped to 52g, fingers crossed we're on our way up again .

ur boy looks beautiful

My male is almost two years old and always been on the slightly smaller side he weighed in at 106g last week. Each Cham is different and grows differently. As long as he is healthy and eating the amount he wants to in a day he's good

Just weighed my Chameleon again today. He weighed-in at 83.3 grams; which is an increase of 16.3 grams in the last 17 days. Anyone know what to make of this data? He's growing at a rate of almost 1 gram per day. o_O

Sounds like a growth spurt. He could continue at this rate for a few more months and start to slow down around 160 grams, then level off to around 200 or more grams. At least that's more or less what mine did. He weighs about 220 now.

ahh wow that sounds good to me, my female pantha at 10 months weighed in at 60g but dropped to 52g, fingers crossed we're on our way up again .

ur boy looks beautiful
The exact same thing has happened to my female panther. Similar weight.

Sounds like a growth spurt. He could continue at this rate for a few more months and start to slow down around 160 grams, then level off to around 200 or more grams. At least that's more or less what mine did. He weighs about 220 now.

Thanks for the feedback... I appreciate it. Is your Cham a Panther too? If so, I'd be curious to see how big he is now. Got any current pictures and/or measurements?

They are all different, my guy is smaller- he has never weighed more than 160g. He is perfectly healthy at 3.5 years. Look for weight loss and changes in your individual cham more so than how he compares to others. Your boy is beautiful!!

Skittles is growing quickly! This is normal around his age. Their growth seems exponential.

I'm glad you are weighing Skittles. I weigh all my chameleons once a month and journal it. I think more keepers should do this as it can give you a great picture of what is going on with weight, growth and overall health. I also journal any changes in feeders. In the warmer months, I feed my animals a lot of katydids. Their weight always spikes during these months. Just interesting to be able to look back over the years and see the numbers.

Thanks for the feedback... I appreciate it. Is your Cham a Panther too? If so, I'd be curious to see how big he is now. Got any current pictures and/or measurements?

My Leo is now 6 years old and weighing in around 220. Yes, he is a panther and I documented his growth here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/entry/spring-2011-growth-update.429/

I think you can see that his growth spurt was a bit later than your guy's. He hit 80 grams at about 8 months old. If yours is only 5-6 months and 83 grams then he seems to be on the bigger side to me, for his age. It doesn't really mean anything, I don't think, I think yours is within the normal range. Maybe he'll end up being a bit larger, but we'll have to wait and see.

I currently have a half panther half Oustalet's that is about 5 months old and only 15 grams right now. I think he should be hitting a growth spurt soon, and I'm also hoping he'll end up to be at least 300 grams! Time will tell.

He looks beautiful! He will slow down at some point, but might prove to be on the bigger side for a panther. I had one weight 265 grams at the highest weight and the one in my avatar is full grown at about 170-175. As long as they are healthy, size does not matter!

I've been following the weight of my panther Gary too. At 4.5 months he was at 69 grams, two weeks later he hit 80. I'm really impressed with your cham's color. At 5 months now, Gary is still just really starting to develop his adult color.

Skittles is ~9 months old now. He weighed in at 204.4 grams today; which is an increase of 73.5 grams since his last weigh-in (79 days ago). Since I've been tracking his weight he's gained 137.4 grams in the last 140 days; which is almost 1 gram per day! o_O

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom