large artificial plants

AdamBrown

Hi. Does anyone know a good site where I can buy large artificial plants for my Veiled chameleon's nice new big cage?

Don't forget that veileds often eat vegetation and it could lead to impaction if the chameleon eats any part of an artificial plant. No matter what you decide...real or fake...I would recommend that you wash the plants well..both sides of the leaves....but I highly recommend using real plants.

Don't forget that veileds often eat vegetation and it could lead to impaction if the chameleon eats any part of an artificial plant. No matter what you decide...real or fake...I would recommend that you wash the plants well..both sides of the leaves....but I highly recommend using real plants.

Hi. If I used real plants they would not get direct sunlight although they would get some indirect as they are near a window. What are some plants would you recommend? I mean, also, if I bought artificial, the little guy wouldn't eat them. He doesn't eat the artificial plants I have in there for him now. Thanks man!

I like the silk plants for humidity reasons..They absorb alot of the water & slowly evaporate,,,,But they arent so great for beading water for them to drink from. All the artificials are very tough... your cham may chew on them but i doubt they could actually tear a chunk off and swallow it. My smaller cage has only artificials my new bigger cage will have live too.If your cham feels he needs warmth or UVB he will go bask under it;)

Hi. If I used real plants they would not get direct sunlight although they would get some indirect as they are near a window. What are some plants would you recommend? I mean, also, if I bought artificial, the little guy wouldn't eat them. He doesn't eat the artificial plants I have in there for him now. Thanks man!

youd be surprised how well your uvb helps the plants grow its a good way to help judge too that your conditions are ok if your plants are in need of a misting you know your cham is and the humidity will be increased and usually stay higher too harder to do with fake plants. also once you get a real plant and can see ho many times he nibbles youll realize he probibly chews on them but spits them out so always was them well fresh and fake.

oh and real plants should you choose to use them repot with organic soil stay awayfrom any barks and any chemicals your baby may try to taste it by accident when shooting at feeders and on pourpose which ive read about a few doing (think thats a supplement problem?)
hope i helped

I like the silk plants for humidity reasons..They absorb alot of the water & slowly evaporate,,,,But they arent so great for beading water for them to drink from. All the artificials are very tough... your cham may chew on them but i doubt they could actually tear a chunk off and swallow it. My smaller cage has only artificials my new bigger cage will have live too.If your cham feels he needs warmth or UVB he will go bask under it;)

Thx. Mind telling me a couple of common plants I could pick up that are safe? Thx again!

I got an umbrella for my guys cage and it's growing like crazy! And I am awful with keeping plants alive so that's my vote if you're gonna go real

If you are just using branches for perching, none should be toxic as long as you clean them and remove fresh sap.

Back
Top Bottom