Large horn worms-what to do?

LOL, I see lots of single reptile lovers in the near future:D I actually thought I would have already been out on the street. Tortoise, two red eyed frogs, Uromastyx, hermit, chameleon, dog, cat, bird, fish both marine and pond and now the worms. Oh, ya, the crickets that got out and invaded our renters apartment and our basement, oops. He did say he didn't want the dubia roaches. Even though I tried hard to get them and not do the crickets. Hard to rent out apartments if they find out you have roaches LOL. Ya, I think I'm pushing it. Hmmm, wonder how far it can be pushed:D

My boys don't like crickets near as much as the dubias. I agree with them. I hate the jumping crickets. Dubias, don't smell, cant fly, don't jump and cant climb smooth surfaces. They are awesome. They wont infest your home if you do spill them, all unless your temps average over 85 degrees. Not to mention they have a better meat to shells ratio than crickets.

My boys don't like crickets near as much as the dubias. I agree with them. I hate the jumping crickets. Dubias, don't smell, cant fly, don't jump and cant climb smooth surfaces. They are awesome. They wont infest your home if you do spill them, all unless your temps average over 85 degrees. Not to mention they have a better meat to shells ratio than crickets.

Ya, I told him all of that. I would rather due the roaches too. The smell of the crickets and the fact that they can and do get out, I really don't like. I was also told by a tortoise forum member that raises them about the heat thing. At least in the winter I couldn't have a problem of them invading. In the summer months, well that could be a different story. If I can find a place to get a small amount from, I think I am just going to try them. I just want less then the minimal of 25 to try. Hoping I can get a small amount at a reptile/animal expo that is ran twice a month near my area. I just haven't gotten there yet.

Just two things to add.......
1. Starcraft II is the best RTS game ever made.....I think of it as like real time chess...in the future....with aliens and guns and stuff :D

If my hubby figures out I'm going to try and raise these worms into moths, well, that might just put him over the edge:eek: Thankfully men don't pay close attention most of the time:D

Ooooh, below the belt lol :)......these are male comedians but it's not sexist, it's observant satire about adverts - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9fFOelpE_8

Back
Top Bottom