Laying Bin Option

BKO Overdrive

Established Member
Okay so i dont have a ton of money to work with here and im trying to find options with what i have, so im a first time cham owner and i wanted it to be a male as to not worry about a female. Well....after a few days when i was told its a male its not. So now in the panic mode that im in i watch her closely and make sure i dont see signs of her being gravid. Shes about to hit 7 months so im now going to cut back on her food and lower her basking temps. I was feeding her every day but now i will not. So this is my idea. I Have a zoo med large 18x18x36 cage for her and its full of things for her with a dripper and plants and a mister. Its setup very nice and shes been very happy in it. But my problem is I have no place to put a laying bin, I know some people advise to put it in so she can get used to it and lay in it when ready. I know how to make one and i know the care before and after she lays but instead of putting it at the bottom....could i buy either a medium cage or another large cage....cut one side on each cage and screw them together to make one large cage. Not change anything on the orginal large cage but add a laying bin on the other med/large cage side? Does it have to be directly under her? or can it be to the side and she goes to it?

I know how serious this is and im looking to take action tomorrow, just need guidance. As of now she has nothing.

I bought a 30 gallon garbage can & put my beach sand in & wet it down & mix it together, pack it down, put a basking lamp on for heat! When my females get restless I put her in the can in the morning & if she isn't digging to lay!@ the end of the day she goes back in her cage until morning & back in the can after shes eaten & drank!

Back
Top Bottom