Laying Bin Used As A Latrine...

Winpooh718

My veiled chameleons were just upgraded to their 4 ft × 2 ft × 2ft screened cages.

I made sure there was a proper laying bin in the cage for my female -- Lady Jade -- but, it seems like she is using it for a commode.

Obviously I have concerns and questions like:

1. Is this normal?
2. Will she figure out what the laying bin is for?
20160806_213827.jpg
20160806_213838.jpg

My veiled chameleons were just upgraded to their 4 ft × 2 ft × 2ft screened cages.

I made sure there was a proper laying bin in the cage for my female -- Lady Jade -- but, it seems like she is using it for a commode.

Obviously I have concerns and questions like:

1. Is this normal?
2. Will she figure out what the laying bin is for?View attachment 164079 View attachment 164078
Put some type of branch or vine into ur laying bin,since they like to climb down not jump in when the time is ready.

Put some type of branch or vine into ur laying bin,since they like to climb down not jump in when the time is ready.

I wound a vine through the cage that brings her down to the laying bin, but, for sure I'll add something to get to the soil if it helps her.

I wound a vine through the cage that brings her down to the laying bin, but, for sure I'll add something to get to the soil if it helps her.
Yes a Gravid Mama needs to be assisted in every single way,if I was pregnant with baby I wont go bungee jumping for sure.
I used a rope ladder as a bridge for my bearded dragon -- Little Bug.
Nice Hammock for ur beardie.

Yes a Gravid Mama needs to be assisted in every single way,if I was pregnant with baby I wont go bungee jumping for sure.

Nice Hammock for ur beardie.

LOL... bungee jumping...

Thanks for the compliment on the beardie bridge. I'm thinking of getting the 24" for my chameleons new cages.

I have dowels pinned by thumbtacks, and Lady Jade got on one that rolled over, and she was upside down trying to get up, but, the dowel kept rolling as her weight got to the top.

Comical now, at the time I couldn't move fast enough to save my baby from the treacherous dowel. That's been fixed, so I thought about another rope bridge (ladder).

I am not sure about it being against their soft skin, but, I could sand off any rough spots.

LOL... bungee jumping...

Thanks for the compliment on the beardie bridge. I'm thinking of getting the 24" for my chameleons new cages.

I have dowels pinned by thumbtacks, and Lady Jade got on one that rolled over, and she was upside down trying to get up, but, the dowel kept rolling as her weight got to the top.

Comical now, at the time I couldn't move fast enough to save my baby from the treacherous dowel. That's been fixed, so I thought about another rope bridge (ladder).

I am not sure about it being against their soft skin, but, I could sand off any rough spots.
As long the rope bridge is steady n secure,I think will be a good choice,the cham skin is pretty tough,they might use the ladder to scratch when they ready to shed.

As long the rope bridge is steady n secure,I think will be a good choice,the cham skin is pretty tough,they might use the ladder to scratch when they ready to shed.

Oh, I plan to have two points of contact on each side of the bridge, so flipping can't happen even if my little daredevils try.

My veileds skin feels so soft it's hard to imagine them being tough enough to take it, but, I do recall Lady Jade dragging her eye across the fake vines, so I suppose you are correct.

Oh, I plan to have two points of contact on each side of the bridge, so flipping can't happen even if my little daredevils try.

My veileds skin feels so soft it's hard to imagine them being tough enough to take it, but, I do recall Lady Jade dragging her eye across the fake vines, so I suppose you are correct.
Right after the shedding,their skin start to peel off,thats when they rubbing themselves on the object cause they just want that shed skin to be off on their body quick,if ur veiled happen to be on that ladder alot,u will see it happened for sure.

Right after the shedding,their skin start to peel off,thats when they rubbing themselves on the object cause they just want that shed skin to be off on their body quick,if ur veiled happen to be on that ladder alot,u will see it happened for sure.

I am looking forward to getting my shipment of rope ladders in now...

Got my rope bird ladders/chameleon bridges up, and they are a HUGE hit!

Yes, they love scraping everything, including their eyeballs, against the natural rope wood bridges.

My latest purchase, the bendable wood bridges (ramps), are getting a lot of attention since hanging them last night.

I think if I would stop playing with the new stuff they could get some time on it... it's just too much fun when you buy the medium and small bridges and have lots of imagination!

Attachments

• 20161015_195425.jpg
    20161015_195425.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20161015_195405.jpg
    20161015_195405.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 20160930_120858.jpg
    20160930_120858.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 99
  • 20160930_120203.jpg
    20160930_120203.jpg